Deciding on which ping to purchase and where

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Starchy

Starchy
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:58 AM

I am looking to purchase my first ping, and am not 100% sure as to which type I should get. I want it to be a windowsill plant (zone 7). I read that tropical pings are good windowsill candidates. I was leaning towards pinguicula moranensis, but that was only based on an hour of research. My biggest problem is that every site that comes recommended seems to be out of stock. So I am also looking for a good site that ships to the US.

Any help would be much appreciated.

#2 jimscott

jimscott
  • Full Members
  • 5,736 posts
  • Interests:Tropical fish, Carnivorous Plants, Gardening, Scrabble, Ping-Pong, Disco and New Wave Music

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

Send me a Priority stanp to cover postage and I can send you an assortment of easy starter Mexican pings.

#3 Starchy

Starchy
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 22:57 PM

Send me a Priority stanp to cover postage and I can send you an assortment of easy starter Mexican pings.

First of all, thank you so much for your generosity. I am curious which types you have. I plan to get the ping as a gift to my girlfriend, so I am really only looking for a single plant that looks showy. I have a few hybrids in mind that I have been looking at: P. moranensis x ehlersiae or P. agnata x (moranensis x ehlersiae). I am also looking into P. moranensis 'A', P. agnata 'red leaf', and P. agnata 'scented flower'

#4 jimscott

jimscott
  • Full Members
  • 5,736 posts
  • Interests:Tropical fish, Carnivorous Plants, Gardening, Scrabble, Ping-Pong, Disco and New Wave Music

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

PINGUICULA:

esseriana
gigantea
John Rizzi - Mark Wilson
moctezumae - Candice
'Sethos' (ehleresaie x moranensis)
Titan – Crystal Morgan
1713 – Crystal Morgan
1717 *

PING CROSSES

gracilis x moctezumae – Jrod