• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 C.Weinberger

C.Weinberger
  • Full Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

Hey folks,

after some time new snapshots from my collection. You can find the uploaded pictures in the GFP Forum:
http://forum.carnivo...114#entry151114
Cheers Chris

Edited by C.Weinberger, 08 June 2012 - 14:48 PM.

#2 Greg Allan

Greg Allan
  • Full Members
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

Great plants. I especially like the calderoniae. How do you grow it? Is it difficult?

Cheers,

Greg

#3 Zlatokrt

Zlatokrt
  • Full Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

Same questions from me, P. calderonie looks like a "must have one day" beauty!
Adam

#4 will9

will9
  • Full Members
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:cactussen, succulenten, gardenplants, carnivores - all plants

Posted 08 June 2012 - 13:51 PM

Hi chris,wat is the difference between calderoniae and heterophylla or medusina ,or even gypsicola?Wat makes this plant so special ?The name ?
I want to buy one to ,but i think it s not more then a locality var. of heterophylla?or are this match difference ,hard to see on the pictures i have seen.
30 Euro for one plant by BCP is a lot of money,but growers that want one ,now you know where to find, :l_sunny:
Cheers will

#5 jimscott

jimscott
  • Full Members
  • 5,737 posts
  • Interests:Tropical fish, Carnivorous Plants, Gardening, Scrabble, Ping-Pong, Disco and New Wave Music

Posted 08 June 2012 - 14:57 PM

Nice looking flowers!

#6 C.Weinberger

C.Weinberger
  • Full Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

Hey guy´s,

I especially like the calderoniae. How do you grow it? Is it difficult?

Same questions from me

I have some P. calderoniae for about a year now and I don´t see that this plant is more difficult than P. medusina or heterophylla. I grow it in a light soil mixture with peat, a little bit sand, vermiculite, perlite. I don´t use any lime although it´s habitat offers large lime amounts. The plants grows on a south facing windowsill with several hours of direct sunlight. A little bit higher humidity is favoured I think, especially when the plant starts to grow from winter rosette. Grow periode started a little bit late, compareable with P. medusina. The pot of the plant stands nearly all time in a little bit water, the airy soil provides the plant to stand to wet, but from even this shouldn´t be critical.

Hi chris,wat is the difference between calderoniae and heterophylla or medusina ,or even gypsicola?Wat makes this plant so special ?The name ?

Hi will,

the flashiest differende to all the other Pinguicula with long leaves is the flower. P. calderoniae forms petals with purple flower. The leaves can grow quite large and have a different shape to P. medusina or heterophylla. The onion of the plant is very different, too. Further detaills can be found in the publication of P. calderoniae.
Ruiz Bol. Soc. Bot. Mex 68 (2001) 85-88

30 Euro for one plant by BCP is a lot of money,but growers that want one ,now you know where to find

I agree that this is quite expensive, but this year the plant is already cheaper than last year. ;-)
I´ve made a number of leave pullings that develope quite good, and I expect to release some plants at the end of growing season.

Nice looking flowers!

Thanks ;)

Cheers Chris