Posted 09 April 2012 - 19:03 PM

my water butts are now full, goood for about 3 months! :rainingsmile:

#2 guillaume

guillaume
  • Full Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 21:02 PM

Good!

I hope mine will be full tomorow, it had been empty for 3 weeks...

#3 Darkrai283

Darkrai283
  • Full Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 21:04 PM

Really? Its only been a light shower for us down here in Croydon. :thumbsdown: Hopefully, it will rain heavier tomorrow! :biggrin:

#4 The body snatcher pod

The body snatcher pod
  • Full Members
  • 201 posts
  • Location:North of Spain. Basque Country, Bizkaia, Portugalete.

Posted 09 April 2012 - 22:01 PM

You guys should live here... I have rain and rain, and rain. I have more than 300 litros storaged! I am upset with the cloudy and rainy weather.
It´s funny because every time I go to England, people ask me about the "sunny weather" that I supose to have where I live... ¿What sunny weather? ¿Why everybody think here I have very sunny weather? I´ve been In Doncaster many times this winter and spring and weather is dryer, sunnier and better than I have here. The Cantabric range retains the clouds and we have very few sunny days. It´s a pitty, because my plants will be more colourfull and happier with more sun...

Anyway, glad to hear you have enoght watter for your plants. Today we had sunny day, but last week was awfull, and this week will be too. And summer won´t be better.
(Hopefully, we had a sunny March...)

Well, having a look to at the SAT CLIK HERE there are showers aproaching to UK, but it seems that they will discharge over the North and West parts of England. (Also you can see a cold front approachint to the cantabric coastal zone of Iberian peninsula... another one, yes!)

From Thursday ahead East parts of UK will be more done well out of the share-out, as the winds will blow from the NE, and a low pressure sistem will cover almost entire UK. At least, is what meteorological models show today.
Good luck.

(And good look for me too, I need rain stops at least)

Edited by The body snatcher pod, 09 April 2012 - 22:05 PM.

#5 Damien

Damien
  • Full Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 22:07 PM

I don't know about anyone else but as we had such a sunny March my Sarras started really early. The flowers have been in bloom for weeks and some are starting to die off now. It's not usually this early.

Damien

#6 Dicon

Dicon
  • Full Members
  • 726 posts
  • Interests:neps and orchids

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

Enough already!!

The past 3 years, April has been so dry here that I have had to revert to RO despite having about 2500 litre of storage.
These heavy rains usually come mid May just as the beautiful Tree Peony blooms open, and they get battered to bits!

#7 Flytyer

Flytyer
  • Full Members
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy; cacti; photography; reading; fishing; fishkeeping; cage birds and drinking Guinness.

Oh, and carnivorous plants....

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

Water butts full to overflowing now, lovely :banana:

#8 The body snatcher pod

The body snatcher pod
  • Full Members
  • 201 posts
  • Location:North of Spain. Basque Country, Bizkaia, Portugalete.

Posted 22 April 2012 - 16:40 PM

I don't know about anyone else but as we had such a sunny March my Sarras started really early. The flowers have been in bloom for weeks and some are starting to die off now. It's not usually this early.

Damien

Here March was dry and sunny too, but April is beeing awfukky rainy, cloudy, dark and cold... The growing of my not purpurea Sarrs have been stopped.

Edited by The body snatcher pod, 24 April 2012 - 13:10 PM.

#9 djh

djh
  • Full Members
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:carnivorous plants. football. Golf and landrovers

Posted 22 April 2012 - 17:21 PM

Very heavy thunder storms around this area the last two days. all water butts are full to overflowing. infact rushed down to the local b&q this morning to buy one more waterbutt. installed and now thats full to the top. happy days. :rainingsmile:

#10 Daniel G

Daniel G
  • Full Members
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Carnivorous Plants, Life, Answering Questions, Looking Handsome!
    Getting a better Sarracenia collection.

Posted 22 April 2012 - 18:49 PM

Well i just got pelted with hailstones not much bigger than a taxi.... well, oke, maybe only a centimeter.

Just need another year of rain to get us out of drought. Also, does anyone see striking similarities to last year with this scenario?

#11 Darkrai283

Darkrai283
  • Full Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 18:23 PM

hmmm... we had a hot record breaking April last year but now, THIS! :rainingsmile:

#12 James 87

James 87
  • Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 18:45 PM

Was starting to worrie that I was going to run out of rain water, but the heavens opened  and now i'm all sorted for a while!! Lol!!
Jim

#13 Jonathan

Jonathan
  • Full Members
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Madonna, Latin America travel and music, birding, Cps (!) especially Sarracenia

Posted 28 April 2012 - 13:11 PM

I think Peterborough must have had more rain in the last week or two than in the previous 18 months. The ground is saturated, the pond is full and so are all 10 water butts. My new 12 foot greenhouse extension is going to increase my use, once I fill it with plants at least. So far I've plumbed in two new butts, but I might add a few more given the forecasts. Hopefully I should last a good few weeks on current supplies.

Now it would of course be nice to have some sun and everything will grow away like crazy! The chickens would be a little less muddy too..

#14 Tricky Utrici

Tricky Utrici
  • Full Members
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Sarracenia.
    Driving my Lotus at Castle Combe.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:15 AM

OK....who started the rain dance......... enough of the wet stuff already...... bring on the sunshine.

#15 Daniel G

Daniel G
  • Full Members
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Carnivorous Plants, Life, Answering Questions, Looking Handsome!
    Getting a better Sarracenia collection.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

OK....who started the rain dance......... enough of the wet stuff already...... bring on the sunshine.

Hahaha, i feel your pain.
Been down at me dad's for a long weekend, been good til' today :rainingsmile: