Photo
- - - - -

Spring arrives, plants waking up. (WATCH OUT, TONS OF PICTURES!)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 The body snatcher pod

The body snatcher pod
  • Full Members
  • 201 posts
  • Location:North of Spain. Basque Country, Bizkaia, Portugalete.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 22:17 PM

Hi there! I am posting some pictures of my plants waking up. They are not as ahead as others I have seen in this forum... Where I live I have many cloudy days, and temps are not as hight as the places where Sarrs live. (Especially tall Sarracenias).

I have didived my collection in two zones. A "mostly low sarracenia container", involving purpureas, psittacinas and minor except okeefinokeensis. And another one with "mostly tall Sarracenias"; flavas, leucos, alata, and their hybrids. I have to say that in this container there is a purp and a S. X scarlet belle. There is no room enought for them in the "low sarracenias container".

There are more Sarracenias, potted in other winthows.

I grow my collection in my "windowsills". But not a "windowsill" like in England... those are OUTSIDE, not inside the house. (Actually I live in a flat) I don´t know if you people have another name for this "outside windowsill". Actually, in Spain there are no windowsill like in England: almost all of them are outside.
As i was telling, I live in a flat. I don´t have a garden so I don´t have the chance of having a greenhouse to make the plants grow earlier. Plants are completely outside, at climate weather mercy. I only can grow them in the windows, ouside. Those windows have SSE orientation, so if I am luky and sun is shining, plants can get arround 7 / 8 hours of sun per day.

I have separated my collection (roughtly) in hight and low sarracenias because of lighting isues. So I assure that tall sarrs don´t shadow the low ones.

I have some dirty pics for you. Don´t expetc the beautifull pics usually seen in this forum. I have many plants, and not enought room, so plants are too close together (in autum is a mess). Plants are on the windows, so is difficult for me to take good pictures of them. I have to bend myshelf in strange angles to take the pics... and I took this pictures quickly this morning. So some of them may be a little bit blurry.

Well, lets see the low Sarracenia container: I tried to picture the labe in the picture, with the related plant. The last pictures show you the entire grow space for the low Sarras. (There is a Nep and some Droseras too). Mirrors are to reflect the light and redirect again to the plants. Not an only photon can be wasted. Sun here is expensive to see!

Oh, by the way! I know is psittacina with double" t". I don´t know what I was thinking when I made the labels for my plants... also, by Exess, I mean Essex... speaking about plant tracking... :-) Sorry!

Click the thumbnails to see the picture bigger, please!!! :sun_bespectacled:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by The body snatcher pod, 05 April 2012 - 08:15 AM.

#2 The body snatcher pod

The body snatcher pod
  • Full Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 22:18 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 The body snatcher pod

The body snatcher pod
  • Full Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 22:20 PM

Now let´s go for the potted Sarracenias. (My collection upsized this year because I purchased some Sarracenias from England and some of them have been potted in other window, to make more room for the new ones)

PD: Note the "lippless purpurea" name, I copy it from this forum. Is not an official name. Some in CP Uk forum named lipless to his purpurea with no lips. This purp is the same. Garden center purpurea with no lips.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by The body snatcher pod, 04 April 2012 - 22:31 PM.

#4 The body snatcher pod

The body snatcher pod
  • Full Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 22:21 PM

And now the mostly tall sarracenias... Some leucos are starting to putting flower stalks out, some are starting timidly to make pitchers. Flavas are ahead, making more developed pitchers, but none of them open yet. Some hybrids are making flowers, and some, involving purpurea, are already growing and opening pitchers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by The body snatcher pod, 04 April 2012 - 22:32 PM.

#5 The body snatcher pod

The body snatcher pod
  • Full Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 22:22 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And some little purps growing under lights this year: (Sorry, blurry pics)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pics are not very good, but I think they show you part of my collection. When I have the time, I will put more pictures, of my dionaeas, neps, and my indoor terrarium with chepas, droseras and helis.

#6 The body snatcher pod

The body snatcher pod
  • Full Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 22:25 PM

You can find those and more pictures in this DAEPC forum link, a spanish CP forum. Malamadre is my nickname there.

LINK