spring cleaning

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 carnivoor

carnivoor
  • Full Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 20:06 PM

Last week I cut back my cp plants on the (flat) roof and checked out how my plants did this winter.
Not that I really wanted to already , but I had covered them with bubble wrap for the winter and with temperatures of 20°C it was that or get cooked plants.
I'd say the bubble wrap was ok, even though we had a permanent frost for over two weeks,most of my plants looked well.
Some of my plants had a bit of fungus, but that was just because of the wetness of the medium when I put the bubble wrap on, it even kept my sphagnum nice and fresh.
Some of my sarrs started sending shoots up and unless it suddenly starts freezing again, I expect the first pitchers in a few weeks.

#2 nadja77

nadja77
  • Full Members
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Any outdoor activity. Riding my MTB, and hiking are at the top of the list. I love growing all plants that will survive my care, CP's being my firm no 1 of course.

Posted 29 March 2012 - 16:37 PM

Nice! Winter is creeping in over here, you guys will have to keep us going with some spring pics until its our turn again.

#3 carnivoor

carnivoor
  • Full Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

Nice! Winter is creeping in over here, you guys will have to keep us going with some spring pics until its our turn again.

I so jinxed it with the mentioning of frost;expected frost the next two days and maybe even snow or hail further in the week.
I 've put the bubblewrap on again this morning.