- - - - -

Salutations!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 paradisaea

paradisaea
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Entomology, herpetology, botany, horticulture, art, design & taxidermy.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

Hello all,

My name is Tea and I am from Hertfordshire, UK. I am very new to keeping carnivorous plants as a serious hobby though I have kept various species over the last few years purely out of an appreciation for them visually. I have kept 3 or 4 different species of Sarracenia, numerous venus flytraps and sundews before and now, I am attempting to grow a few plants from seed for the first time. I now have 3 pots (respectively containing Sarracenia, Dionaea and Darlingtonia seeds) hopefully doing something on my windowsill :) Waiting has never been my forte so the likelihood of me going out and buying a few grown on plants in the meantime is high!

I did research & conduct a couple of studies on these plants whilst studying towards my BSc in animal biology & ecology which was very interesting. It gave me a better understanding of them from a biological point of view which only served to massively increase my fascination! It also explained why my earliest experiences with them as a teenager hadn't gone so well... but I digress.

Anyway, I am here to learn from people who are actively involved in keeping these fascinating plants so I look forward to talking to you all and hopefully sharing some of my own experiences and observations soon!

#2 Loakesy

Loakesy
  • Full Members
  • 3,380 posts
  • Interests:Carnivorous Plants, Family History, Photography, Forensic Science

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

Hello, Tea! Welcome to CPUK! :hi:

#3 linuxman

linuxman
  • Full Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

Hi and welcome to the CPUK forum.

#4 jimscott

jimscott
  • Full Members
  • 5,736 posts
  • Interests:Tropical fish, Carnivorous Plants, Gardening, Scrabble, Ping-Pong, Disco and New Wave Music

Posted 16 March 2012 - 13:37 PM

Welcome to CPUK!