n. dubia ,inermis advice

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kevnep

kevnep
  • Full Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 15:55 PM

hey guys i would appreciate any advice on growing these two. which is easier? what are your growing conditions? growth rates?

i have tried growing these before but killed them all, but to be fair none of them even came in a good condition they were all crap when i got them and only lasted a few months

#2 Hero

Hero
  • Full Members
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Just a few CP's for fun. Not an avid collector, but I do enjoy the ones I have!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 18:34 PM

Both of these plants are closely related, so if one thrives, the other is likely to do the same! I don't think one is substantially easier to grow than the other.

Generally speaking (and I don't have a ton of experience, just lots of reading), highland nepenthes need bright light and mild temperatures. If you can get the temperature to about 15º C or lower at night, they will greatly appreciate this. If possible, don't let the day temperature climb above 28º C. They can tolerate this for a brief period, but will need the temperature drop. Keep the soil moist at all times, but don't let the soil become waterlogged.

If you're able and willing to provide these conditions, then great! Keep in mind that there are many other species that will adapt much easier to your environment. Much more gratifying in my opinion!