• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Billybob

Billybob
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 17:35 PM

Hi!

I had a lovely plant collection a few years ago but had to sell it when I went to uni. I'm back now, and can't wait to start growing again!

I'm looking forward to getting involved with stuff on here again - its changed loads!

Billybob

#2 Tarek

Tarek
  • Full Members
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Family; CA`p ; Fishing ; IT ; Movies ; Travel and many others :)

Posted 20 February 2012 - 17:39 PM

Wellcome :) it`s probably hard to sell all plants :flag_of_truce: , but now you on right way :) .

What you have grow before?

#3 Billybob

Billybob
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 17:52 PM

Wellcome :) it`s probably hard to sell all plants :flag_of_truce: , but now you on right way :) .

What you have grow before?

Hey!

I mainly grew VFTs, sarracenia, darlingtonia and neps and had a cephalotus. I absolutely love nepenthes, but I had a bit of trouble during the winter with them. I'm trying to sort something out so I can keep them warm enough without paying a fortune! How about you?

#4 Loakesy

Loakesy
  • Full Members
  • 3,378 posts
  • Interests:Carnivorous Plants, Family History, Photography, Forensic Science

Posted 20 February 2012 - 18:02 PM

Welcome back! :hi:

#5 James O'Neill

James O'Neill
  • 1,632 posts
  • Interests:Birdwatching, Zoology, Entomology, CPs, Painting, Cycling, Photography

Posted 20 February 2012 - 18:38 PM

Welcome back! I'm dreading the time I have to go to uni, I don't know what I'll do without my plants! I guess I'll leave them in the parent's greenhouse, but I might not get to see them a lot!

#6 Billybob

Billybob
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 18:51 PM

Welcome back! I'm dreading the time I have to go to uni, I don't know what I'll do without my plants! I guess I'll leave them in the parent's greenhouse, but I might not get to see them a lot!

Thanks! I wish I'd just left them at home too, but I was so worried my mum would kill them - she's not very green fingered unfortunately! What are you thinking of studying at uni?

#7 Tarek

Tarek
  • Full Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 20:45 PM

Hey!

I mainly grew VFTs, sarracenia, darlingtonia and neps and had a cephalotus. I absolutely love nepenthes, but I had a bit of trouble during the winter with them. I'm trying to sort something out so I can keep them warm enough without paying a fortune! How about you?

Oh, i like most of plants, but my favorite are Droseras and Pigmy droseras, have couple of caracenia, nepenthes, pinguicela :)
Are you grow your nepenthes in terrarium? :)
There is my plants : https://picasaweb.go...132694114290545

#8 Billybob

Billybob
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 23:26 PM

Oh, i like most of plants, but my favorite are Droseras and Pigmy droseras, have couple of caracenia, nepenthes, pinguicela :)
Are you grow your nepenthes in terrarium? :)
There is my plants : https://picasaweb.go...132694114290545

Ahh your plants look great - one of your VFTs looks very full! I think im going to try and grow some more drosera this time, they're just fascinating. I didn't grow my nepenthes in a terrarium, we've got a sort of utility room that gets loads of sun and is pretty humid, so I put them there. Thinking about it, I'll do the same again for a few select species and make a terrarium for the winter. It looks like yours are just on the window sill - do they cope well?

#9 Tarek

Tarek
  • Full Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 23:37 PM

Ahh your plants look great - one of your VFTs looks very full! I think im going to try and grow some more drosera this time, they're just fascinating. I didn't grow my nepenthes in a terrarium, we've got a sort of utility room that gets loads of sun and is pretty humid, so I put them there. Thinking about it, I'll do the same again for a few select species and make a terrarium for the winter. It looks like yours are just on the window sill - do they cope well?

Yes, my only on window sil , i think plants and I doing not bad :D . Thx for good words about my plants :) .
You lucky man if you have facility like that with lot of sun and good humidity, what kind a room there if it`s not a secret? :)
About terrarium really good idea, in future and I will buy some. Drosera really very nice plant, looks great, nice rich color :) .
We can change some spare plants if you wont :) .

#10 VFTLance <3

VFTLance <3
  • Full Members
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:Carnivorous Plants
    Gaming
    TV
    Computers
    3D Modelling
    Web Design
    Photography
    Animals
    Music

Posted 20 February 2012 - 23:45 PM

Hey =D

Welcome back =D

I leave for uni this year hopefully, not looking forward to leaving my plants =( might take a couple with me, me and NickR are looking to get a place together near the uni so hopefully i will be able to take them all with me =D fortunately i trust my mom with mine, ive left her to look after them for a few weekends last year so shes been stacking up the skills and experience, hehe

#11 Billybob

Billybob
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 15:54 PM

Tarek - swapping plants sounds great! I'll wait until I've got some divisions.

VFTLance - I wish I'd thought of easing her in gently, I might give her a few lessons so she's okay for the future! Good luck with uni, I'm sure you'll have loads of fun!

#12 Tarek

Tarek
  • Full Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 16:25 PM

Ok, you allways can write me ;) I will wait :) .

#13 James O'Neill

James O'Neill
  • 1,632 posts
  • Interests:Birdwatching, Zoology, Entomology, CPs, Painting, Cycling, Photography

Posted 21 February 2012 - 18:47 PM

Thanks! I wish I'd just left them at home too, but I was so worried my mum would kill them - she's not very green fingered unfortunately! What are you thinking of studying at uni?

Ehm...zoology or marine science.