- - - - -

Tarek small greenhouse

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Tarek

Tarek
  • Full Members
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:Family; CA`p ; Fishing ; IT ; Movies ; Travel and many others :)

Posted 19 February 2012 - 18:46 PM

Hello, i just watched other topics and sow realy good greenhouse, meine not so good, just very simple, but i think this one better than nothing :))) ?
Any ideas? :)
Posted Image

#2 VFTLance <3

VFTLance <3
  • Full Members
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:Carnivorous Plants
    Gaming
    TV
    Computers
    3D Modelling
    Web Design
    Photography
    Animals
    Music

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:07 AM

I have one of them =D came in handy this winter cause it wasn't cold enough in my conservatory, im thinking about moving them all outside permanently cause my collection is getting a little big for the house =P and we get loads of sun in our garden. They should work just as good as a normal greenhouse cause the plastic cover will absorb and trap heat quite well

#3 Tarek

Tarek
  • Full Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 21:14 PM

Yes mate :D same problem, in home windowsill not enough place now :D and i think to move permamently outside some plants :) .
Are you atached some extra fixing to wind don`t take out your greenhouse? :D
Becouse i found my like that in one windy morrning Posted Image ...
I see you from UK as well, maybe you advice me, what plants can be grow outside in this greenhouse? :)

Edited by Tarek, 20 February 2012 - 21:15 PM.

#4 VFTLance <3

VFTLance <3
  • Full Members
  • 143 posts
    Gaming
    TV
    Computers
    3D Modelling
    Web Design
    Photography
    Animals
    Music

Posted 20 February 2012 - 21:52 PM

To stop my greenhouse from blowing over i rested some bricks along the bottom 3 poles, but mine is also in a corner so its quite sheltered from the wind by my house and conservatory.
I think most can as long as the weather is pretty mild or warm i plan to move all mine outside for the summer including my Neps, ive never grown any of mine outside before so im just sort of experimenting to see if they like it. I had to move most of my collection outside this winter so they could get cold enough, my collection is VFTs, Cobra Lilys, Sarras, Neps and Sundews. i think most will cope with living outside in the UK as long as the ones that require slightly warmer temperatures stay warm enough and if it starts to get cold id bring things like Neps and Sundews in as i discovered this year my Sundews don't like the cold =P hope this helps, im still quite a beginner so im still learning too =P

#5 Tarek

Tarek
  • Full Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 22:32 PM

Yes your answer is very nice :) . I will try to do same with my plants :) . This winter realy cold - 7C one night where i`am living. I think to cold, but what about this temperature changes , like outsie ~ -2 and you bring plants inside where is about +18C. I think is can harm litle bit plants, how do you think? :)

#6 VFTLance <3

VFTLance <3
  • Full Members
  • 143 posts
    Gaming
    TV
    Computers
    3D Modelling
    Web Design
    Photography
    Animals
    Music

Posted 20 February 2012 - 23:39 PM

i think if you brought them in and there was a massive temperature difference then yeah it probably would shock them and harm them, not sure though but from what ive read on here that seems to be the case that you should try to bring the plants in when the temperatures inside and out are similar, but the temperature is meant to be going up the end of this week so if you wanted to bring them in that would probably be the best time, mine have all survived the really low temperatures that we had this winter and the even lower ones we had last winter. I only ever put my Neps outside when i can guarantee that its going to be warm and that they wont get too cold, the rest of the time they live inside so the transferring of them in and out doesn't effect them as they only go out in the warm sunny weather =)

#7 Tarek

Tarek
  • Full Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 23:48 PM

Alright i see :) , but what you doing for example if temperature outside in night go lower than -8 and you wanna bring plants back? Where is temperature around 18? Still putting them inside or leave outside? :rainingsmile:

#8 VFTLance <3

VFTLance <3
  • Full Members
  • 143 posts
    Gaming
    TV
    Computers
    3D Modelling
    Web Design
    Photography
    Animals
    Music

Posted 21 February 2012 - 00:04 AM

Alright i see :) , but what you doing for example if temperature outside in night go lower than -8 and you wanna bring plants back? Where is temperature around 18? Still putting them inside or leave outside? :rainingsmile:

Ive been leaving my dormant ones outside, even when it gets as low as -8 my VFTs are now starting to come back so they seem to have survived very well and my sarras are already throwing new pitchers up so looks like its gunna be a good year =D

#9 Tarek

Tarek
  • Full Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

Your Saracenia as well be outside in this cold weather? :woot:

#10 VFTLance <3

VFTLance <3
  • Full Members
  • 143 posts
    Gaming
    TV
    Computers
    3D Modelling
    Web Design
    Photography
    Animals
    Music

Posted 21 February 2012 - 20:00 PM

Your Saracenia as well be outside in this cold weather? :woot:

Yup =P my sarras as well =D theyre starting to come back now too got some little pitchers just poking up =D

#11 Tarek

Tarek
  • Full Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 20:16 PM

OMG :) it`s mean i don`t need to scary about that :D ,because when it`s be cold night`s i put in fridge my plants :) .

#12 VFTLance <3

VFTLance <3
  • Full Members
  • 143 posts
    Gaming
    TV
    Computers
    3D Modelling
    Web Design
    Photography
    Animals
    Music

Posted 21 February 2012 - 21:00 PM

OMG :) it`s mean i don`t need to scary about that :D ,because when it`s be cold night`s i put in fridge my plants :) .

Hehe cool, i wanted to do that this year but there was not enough room in my fridge so i just had to leave them outside, but they seem to have come through it ok so all is good =D

#13 Tarek

Tarek
  • Full Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 21:18 PM

Hehe cool, i wanted to do that this year but there was not enough room in my fridge so i just had to leave them outside, but they seem to have come through it ok so all is good =D

What about you greenhouse zip cover, are he always closed ? :)

P.s. I put our food outside in garden , to put plants in fridge :) :biggrin:

#14 VFTLance <3

VFTLance <3
  • Full Members
  • 143 posts
    Gaming
    TV
    Computers
    3D Modelling
    Web Design
    Photography
    Animals
    Music

Posted 21 February 2012 - 21:27 PM

What about you greenhouse zip cover, are he always closed ? :)

P.s. I put our food outside in garden , to put plants in fridge :) :biggrin:

Haha that sounds like a good idea i might start moving the food outside =P not sure what my parents would think though hehe probably wouldnt be too happy =P
Its closed most of the time but sometimes i open it during the day, ive never left it open overnight though. Do you open yours?

#15 Tarek

Tarek
  • Full Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 22:55 PM

Haha that sounds like a good idea i might start moving the food outside =P not sure what my parents would think though hehe probably wouldnt be too happy =P
Its closed most of the time but sometimes i open it during the day, ive never left it open overnight though. Do you open yours?

Before i do , but now decide to don`t do it :) . Better if it`s closed , than some micro climate can be inside all the time.

#16 VFTLance <3

VFTLance <3
  • Full Members
  • 143 posts
    Gaming
    TV
    Computers
    3D Modelling
    Web Design
    Photography
    Animals
    Music

Posted 21 February 2012 - 23:01 PM

Hehe yeah suppose so, i just open it to let some fresh air in or if its getting to warm in there ill open to keep the plants dormant =D i have a little digital thermometer in mine which tells me the temperature and humidity level in it =) its rather useful

#17 Tarek

Tarek
  • Full Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

Hehe yeah suppose so, i just open it to let some fresh air in or if its getting to warm in there ill open to keep the plants dormant =D i have a little digital thermometer in mine which tells me the temperature and humidity level in it =) its rather useful

O , very nice idea about digital thermometer :) , because i use just simple thermometer, and they not very good i think :) .
And how much humidity they show for you? :) Are you get it from eBay? :) Can you make picture of your greenhouse? :)

#18 VFTLance <3

VFTLance <3
  • Full Members
  • 143 posts
    Gaming
    TV
    Computers
    3D Modelling
    Web Design
    Photography
    Animals
    Music

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

O , very nice idea about digital thermometer :) , because i use just simple thermometer, and they not very good i think :) .
And how much humidity they show for you? :) Are you get it from eBay? :) Can you make picture of your greenhouse? :)

Hehe yeah, i have a simple thermometer in my propagator which works just fine for now, it shows up to 100% humidity i think its currently at about 60-80%, yeah i got it off Ebay think it only cost me about £5, yeah sure ill take a picture of it in a bit when it stop raining and ill post it on here =D

This is the thermometer that i bought off Ebay it says indoor but works just fine in my greenhouse =D
http://www.ebay.co.u...=item415ecff1cd

Edited by VFTLance <3, 22 February 2012 - 12:54 PM.

#19 Tarek

Tarek
  • Full Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 13:57 PM

Hehe yeah, i have a simple thermometer in my propagator which works just fine for now, it shows up to 100% humidity i think its currently at about 60-80%, yeah i got it off Ebay think it only cost me about £5, yeah sure ill take a picture of it in a bit when it stop raining and ill post it on here =D

This is the thermometer that i bought off Ebay it says indoor but works just fine in my greenhouse =D
http://www.ebay.co.u...=item415ecff1cd

Yeah, I thought to buy the same, but not sure, becouse it`s said , Indoor :) .

You as well have rainy day today? :)

#20 VFTLance <3

VFTLance <3
  • Full Members
  • 143 posts
    Gaming
    TV
    Computers
    3D Modelling
    Web Design
    Photography
    Animals
    Music

Posted 22 February 2012 - 14:10 PM

Hehe yeah, it says indoor but mine seems to work fine outside in my greenhouse =) hehe yep its raining quite heavily here =(