• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 byblis

byblis
  • Full Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 13:37 PM

Hi all,

wanted to share some pictures of Byblis that I was sowing at the beginning of January:

Overview:
left to right: B. guehoi Kimberley; B. rorida Lake Campion; B. liniflora Kingston Rest

Posted Image

Byblis guehoi Kimberley (a big thanks to the donator here in the forum, contact me in 2 months if you need seed back!)

Posted Image

and B. liniflora from Kingston Rest

Posted Image

All were soaked in GAB3 for 48 h and sown under high humidity and artifical lights. Thus some of the leaves are curved because I removed the transparent hood last week. In the background some duplicates because that plants I will use to produce a larger amount of seed this year.

Kindest regards
Stefan

Edited by byblis, 11 February 2012 - 13:44 PM.

• MaxJ likes this

#2 Tonk

Tonk
  • Full Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 14:28 PM

Great ! They look healthy :D

While I'm here, I was wondering why my Byblis liniflora grew really tall but also really thin. So thin that it felt under its own height and took too many place in my terraria. Also the space between each leaves was too "high". Don't know how too explain it in english but I hope someone understood :P
It didn't look Byblis liniflora in fact... I bought the seeds from "Rarexoticseeds".

Now it's flowering so it will die soon but I'd like to know why I had this issue before sowing it again :P

And if somebody has got seed of a small specie of Byblis... I'm here ! :D

#3 smudge

smudge
  • Full Members
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:I do stuff to plants for money, likes chocolate, cats, Gardening, birds, insects, photography, Cheese & Jam sandwiches.

Posted 12 February 2012 - 13:01 PM

Stunning plants Stefan.. :Laie_71mini:

#4 yves

yves
  • Full Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 15:15 PM

Hi Stephan

Very impressive as usual

Yves

#5 Greg Allan

Greg Allan
  • Full Members
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 20:31 PM

Very nice plants! I would be very interested to know at what stage, if any, they begin to branch in your conditions.

Cheers,

Greg

#6 jimscott

jimscott
  • Full Members
  • 5,737 posts
  • Interests:Tropical fish, Carnivorous Plants, Gardening, Scrabble, Ping-Pong, Disco and New Wave Music

Posted 14 February 2012 - 14:44 PM

Great job!