Eden Black Seedlings

cephmad!

hi they do fly, iv googled fungus gnats and they could well be them, they look very similar. are they anything to worry about? during the summer i grow sweet peppers on the same window cil and they are around those plants too, i get them each year but havnt noticed any harm being caused.

update on these seedlings... with the weather slowly improving here they have shown good growth and improving colour. they we're sown just under 1 year ago.

plant 1 is showing good colour (this past week has been really sunny and its darkened alot) its producing small adult pitchers around 1"

Plant 1:

cephedenblackseedling2.jpg

plant 2 is bigger and quicker growing, already producing huge adult pitchers 1 and 3/4 inches! its colour is improving but its not as red as plant 1.

Plant 2:

cephedenblackseedling1.jpg

they have changed so much in such a short space of time, the weather is really helping. looking forward to see how they progress :)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Update:

took some new snaps this afternoon, both are showing good progress.

Plant 1 Top (notice second growing point starting):

plant1top.jpg

Plant 1 Side:

plant1side.jpg

Plant 1 Back:

plant1back.jpg

Plant 2 (still the larger of the two plants, growing well):

plant2top.jpg

Plant 2 Side:

plant2front.jpg

Plant 2 Back (notice 4 new adult pitchers coming!!):

plant2back.jpg

I wonder when, our if, the characteristic dark coloration of the parent will appear.

Of the five seeds sent to a contact, only one is showing good colour and it did so very early. It is on here some where as "Son of Eden Black". The best of the others look more like those on here.

Of the five seeds sent to a contact, only one is showing good colour and it did so very early. It is on here some where as "Son of Eden Black". The best of the others look more like those on here.

hi marcus, was it black from being tiny? my 3rd seedling... (the tiny one & only other that suvived) is quite red for its size, where as the other 2 we're green when tiny but grew much much quicker. but this ones red at the moment not really dark/black. do you have any photos of them?

here is the link http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42499

Edited by gardenofeden
  • Like 2

Made a bad mistake last summer.

Decided to repot most of Cephalotus plants into 12 inch pots as spring was approaching but was a little worried that they may suffer as the warm days approached. All were repotted other than the EB seedlings. When the really hot days of summer arrived, all plants in small pots melted- including all EB seedlings.

Of course, every other plant placed into the larger pots thrived.

Still shattered.......

• 1 month later...

Doing really well! Still growing fast especially the biggest one, I'm on holiday til Saturday but il get some more photos to update you guys when I get home. Iv tried 4 leaf pullings but all failed :( wonder where I'm going wrong :(