- - - - -

Rion green houses

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bodaciousbonsai

bodaciousbonsai
  • Full Members
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Orchids,Bonsai trees,Carnivorous Plants, Alpine Gardens, Sinninngias, etc.... If its green or black i can grow it

Posted 20 January 2012 - 18:52 PM

Hello, I am getting a Rion Green Giant hobby green house in the spring for my plants and business. the full green house comes with a louvre one automatic window opener and base kit. I was wondering if anyone here has one of these green houses. the measurements are 8' 6" x 8' 6" by 6' 9". it is supposed to hold up to 80 mph winds and has a 1100lb snow holding capacity.

If anyone has this brand of GH please weigh in your thoughts. It is a all polycarbonate snap together model with 4mm of poly sides. If I have to move I think this will be a Great choice model. Plus you can add sections on in the future. Well all in all it will cost me 1600 USD for the complete kit. I also got the pro Mist king misting system for the GH. If anyone has a Mist king misting system Please weigh in your thoughts there also. :biggrin:

#2 kevnep

kevnep
  • Full Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 15:23 PM

I have one of these ghs and trust me assembly is a lot of work it has worked well and retains humidity well too but gets very hot so cooling is a must and heating in winter. When assembling get friends to help and when installing the roof get no less than 6 people or youll be sorry

#3 paulsimon

paulsimon
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:32 AM

Some time back I also tried to do some thing like this but its so hard that I have completely stopped working on it.

#4 bodaciousbonsai

bodaciousbonsai
  • Full Members
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Orchids,Bonsai trees,Carnivorous Plants, Alpine Gardens, Sinninngias, etc.... If its green or black i can grow it

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

no bother, hard I am not afraid of I have a bunch of friendly neighbours to help with it. :sarcastic_blum:

#5 bodaciousbonsai

bodaciousbonsai
  • Full Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:42 AM

Well the green house has been up since the early spring. it works very well. I had to buy the aluminet shadecloth to keep the temps under control. also installed a mist king misting system. I totally love that. I fI could figure out how to putpictures on here I would.