- - - - -

Drosophyllum in southern Portugal/Algarve

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheCarnifreak

TheCarnifreak
  • Full Members
  • 787 posts
  • Interests:Carnivorous plants (of course), traveling, nature, Bon Jovi, Muse, U2

Posted 19 January 2012 - 16:12 PM

Hello all,

I'm planning a holiday to Southern Portugal/Algarve for next July.

I know that there are several wildlocations of Drosophyllum lusitanicum in Algarve, so it would be really great to visit some locations during my stay to watch these amazing plants in habitat. I saw them once before in Andalusia near Ubrique, fantastic.

I'm wondering if somebody could help me with finding locationdata of the Drosophyllum locations in Algarve? I know that there also is a location very short to the coast, east of Albufeira. Does somebody know this location? It would be a fantastic holiday/Drosophyllum location to search for an hotel! I'm also planning to rent a car to visit some inland locations. :)

I hope you guys can help me with this. Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Ries

#2 TheCarnifreak

TheCarnifreak
  • Full Members
  • 787 posts
  • Interests:Carnivorous plants (of course), traveling, nature, Bon Jovi, Muse, U2

Posted 30 January 2012 - 17:17 PM

Please guys, I hope somebody can still help me to find some location data so I can watch these beautiful plants grow. I'd be very grateful!

Cheers,

Ries

#3 BobZ

BobZ
  • Full Members
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:Carnivorous plants

Posted 31 January 2012 - 19:31 PM

Perhaps these trip reports by Barry Rice might help?
http://www.sarraceni...s/pt012011.html
http://www.sarraceni...s/sp012011.html

#4 TheCarnifreak

TheCarnifreak
  • Full Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 20:19 PM

Thanks for your help!

I'm looking for locations in the Southern regios of Portugal, the Algarve. The locations Barry visited are to far away. Very nice report and pictures tough!