Interesting leaf cutting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tuuagso

Tuuagso
  • Full Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:21 AM

I made some leaf cuttings a few months ago for sale, some of them started to produce little young pitchers, while others only tiny leaves. The ones with pitchers were sold, while I kept the others virtually forgotten, as they were growing slower.
But then I got this special case that I had never seen before: a LEAF CUTTING developed into tiny leaves and then it produced an ADULT PITCHER, it is totally new for me.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Sorry for the quality, I took the pictures with my phone.

I swear it's a leaf cutting, there is no any rhizome. What do you think? Have you ever seen that before?

#2 Marcus B

Marcus B
  • Full Members
  • 292 posts
  • Interests:CP, turtles, birds, native plants

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:25 AM

I made some leaf cuttings a few months ago for sale, some of them started to produce little young pitchers, while others only tiny leaves. The ones with pitchers were sold, while I kept the others virtually forgotten, as they were growing slower.
But then I got this special case that I had never seen before: a LEAF CUTTING developed into tiny leaves and then it produced an ADULT PITCHER, it is totally new for me.
What do you think? Have you ever seen that before?

I have seen it frequently. My avatar is a picture of an adult pitcher on a leaf cutting that was produced after a few juvenile pitchers, but some from the same batch went straight to adult pitchers 12 mm high and larger. All the plants that did it were slower to grow than those that produced juvenile pitchers first. Some later went back to producing juvenile pitchers.

Edited by Marcus B, 04 January 2012 - 10:26 AM.

#3 jimscott

jimscott
  • Full Members
  • 5,737 posts
  • Interests:Tropical fish, Carnivorous Plants, Gardening, Scrabble, Ping-Pong, Disco and New Wave Music

Posted 04 January 2012 - 16:15 PM

I see lots more leaf cutting projects in the near future!

#4 mobile

mobile
  • Global Moderator
  • 4,394 posts
  • Interests:Carnivorous plants & hydroculture.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 20:31 PM

Here's on of my leaf cuttings that went straight to adult pitchers:

Posted Image