Dormancy in Terrarium

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Aign0r

Aign0r
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 16:07 PM

Hi i am new to the forum, though i have been reading it for a while. I have a question for more experienced growers. It concerns dormancy in cp-jungle terrarium which i am planing to make i near future. My gf has been growing cp's for a long time so i know much about them from her, so i actually need someones personal experience with this rather than a lot of theories. I was planing in getting the following plants : Drosera capensis, aliciae, spathulata, maybe some pinguiculas and cephalotus and ofc some dionea. That would basically be the species i plan to plant.

So please if anyone had any experience in this area i would much appreciate your help.

Thanks ahead.

p.s. if my English is not all that correct don't hold it against my though it's not my native language :)))

#2 dimitar

dimitar
  • Full Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 20:52 PM

I was planing in getting the following plants : Drosera capensis, aliciae, spathulata, maybe some pinguiculas and cephalotus and ofc some dionea. That would basically be the species i plan to plant.

That's fine but u must know that plants u choose have different needs for growing... :Laie_97:

#3 31drew31

31drew31
  • Full Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 21:19 PM

Of the plants you mentioned only the fly traps need a real dormancy. They are also better grown outside. You could make the others work in the same terrarium, but some would prefer different media, so making pockets of different media for individual plants would be a good idea.

#4 Aign0r

Aign0r
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 13:43 PM

I was thinking about maybe growing flytraps in pots (that would be covered) so i could move them to a colder spot during winter. I know they have different needs but my gf who grows them about 6 years keeps them all on her balcony in the same conditions and they all grow very nice and happy so i think it would not be a problem. Maybe all of them wont flourish to the max but will be happy enough i guess.