• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tim Bailey

Tim Bailey
  • Full Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:08 AM

Dear all

The next Planta Carnivora should be in my hands soon and posted shortly after. My view is that it is the best one yet, so something to look forward to.

Kind regards

Tim

CPS Chairman and Publications Editor

#2 mobile

mobile
  • Global Moderator
  • 4,165 posts
  • Interests:Carnivorous plants & hydroculture.

Posted 28 September 2011 - 18:28 PM

Hi Tim,

I'll look forward to receiving it. Any news on when/if the CPS website is going to be updated? The most recent post on the home page is about the upcoming 'RHS Wisley Garden visit' on Saturday 18th June 2011, followed by the EEE2011 which has 'a little over 3 months to go before the event'. I'm sure that you'll agree that such things are not a good advert for the CPS. In fact, one could argue that it does more harm than good to have an outdated site, as some might think that the society has ceased, or simply not worth joining as 'apparently' nothing happens.

#3 Tim Bailey

Tim Bailey
  • Full Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 15:21 PM

Hi Tim,

I'll look forward to receiving it. Any news on when/if the CPS website is going to be updated? The most recent post on the home page is about the upcoming 'RHS Wisley Garden visit' on Saturday 18th June 2011, followed by the EEE2011 which has 'a little over 3 months to go before the event'. I'm sure that you'll agree that such things are not a good advert for the CPS. In fact, one could argue that it does more harm than good to have an outdated site, as some might think that the society has ceased, or simply not worth joining as 'apparently' nothing happens.

Hi Mobile

It's on its way - see Phil's post.

We are keen to move to a position where we are all able to take responsibility for our bits of the website, which is currently not possible. The new website will allow that with minimal training. Such accountability is important to improve the running of the website and will make it much easier to manage and keep on top of the content - overseen by a new Internet Officer should we be fortunate to get a taker.

And yes, of course I agree with your comments and we will get them sorted.

Progress is being made in many areas, some which cannot be publised as yet,

#4 Tim Bailey

Tim Bailey
  • Full Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 21:17 PM

Dear all

The next Planta Carnivora should be in my hands soon and posted shortly after. My view is that it is the best one yet, so something to look forward to.

Kind regards

Tim

CPS Chairman and Publications Editor

Dear all

Arrival to me from Europe took a little longer than normal and I have not had any time since to doing a packing session - takes two of us about 6 hours + any travel. Sorry about that, but the good news is that I've taken Tuesday pm off and meeting Dennis - Planta will be packed and posted at a PO sorting office by tomorrow night.

Kind regards

Tim

#5 mobile

mobile
  • Global Moderator
  • 4,165 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 18:33 PM

Received mine today :thumbsup:

#6 James O'Neill

James O'Neill
  • 1,632 posts
  • Interests:Birdwatching, Zoology, Entomology, CPs, Painting, Cycling, Photography

Posted 21 October 2011 - 22:00 PM

Yes I got mine today, it's a fantastic read!! I do love the pictures.

A very sneaky picture of me with Nepenthes slung around my neck and in my hand, sarras in my arm and a bag full of caterpillars, near the end though lol.

#7 mobile

mobile
  • Global Moderator
  • 4,165 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 22:16 PM

Ah, so that's what was in the bag then James. I was distracted by the pink box in your other hand!

#8 Flytyer

Flytyer
  • Full Members
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy; cacti; photography; reading; fishing; fishkeeping; cage birds and drinking Guinness.

Oh, and carnivorous plants....

Posted 23 October 2011 - 18:42 PM

Mine arrived on Friday too :thanks: Interesting read about Venezuela (that's all I've read at the moment, Terry Pratchett's latest Discworld novel arrived the same day from Amazon :read: ).

#9 Phil Green

Phil Green
  • Full Members
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 17:52 PM

Still nothing down here :sad:

Is anyone else still waiting ?

#10 Greg Allan

Greg Allan
  • Full Members
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 18:50 PM

Great read, thanks. The photo of Ptari Tepui is incredible. The article on the Tepuis made me appreciate my small Heliamphora collection even more!

Cheers,

Greg