Did you know... you can insert videos into forum posts?

mobile

I'm going to start some 'Did you know...' posts with hints, tips and advise on using various features and functions of CPUK Forum. If there are any in particular that you would like me to write, then please let me know.

The first one is how to insert videos. With the increased popularity of online video, in particular YouTube, the forum software now supports the insertion of video into posts from various sources. The two that are currently configured are YouTube and photobucket video, though certain others can be added.

To insert a video:

Find the video that you wish to paste into the post, for example the YouTube page containing the video. Copy the address (URL) from you web browser address bar by highlighting it and then right mouse click and select copy. In this example we will use

:

browser_url_right_click.png

In the CPUK Forum thread where you would like to insert the video, click on the 'Insert media' media.png button in the advanced editor:

advanced_editor_media_button_highlighted.png

In the resultant 'Insert media' pop-up, delete the pre-filled 'http://' and paste in the address that you copied from the browser address bar into the 'Media URL' box, by right mouse click and select paste:

media_url_paste.png

media_url_highlighted.png

Click on the 'Insert Media' button:

media_url_insert_media_button_highlighted.png

Finally post it on the forum by clicking on either the post_new_topic.png or add_reply.png under the editor window.

The result should be the video you selected displayed and playable in the post: