Photo
- - - - -

Outside Cephalotus. Leaves turning colour is this ok?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 iminei

iminei
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:49 AM

has anyone got a clue as to why some of my outside ceph's leaves are turning orange to yellow...lovely colours but i suspect maybe over watering...damn you rain! :rainingsmile:
if that's the case then no great harm done as i shall just move it indoors to dry a little, what do you guys think?

Posted Image

As ever apologies for the rubbish photo, and i really should get some nice moss round the outside, the birds nicked the last lot!!! Damn you birds :verymad:

Edited by iminei, 15 August 2011 - 11:12 AM.

#2 petesredtraps

petesredtraps
  • Sponsor
  • 914 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:54 AM

I don't think Cephs are bothered by any excess moisture this time of year, it's Winter when you have to be careful about that. A bit of sun and good air movement will keep them happy. Sometimes pitchers change colour a bit before dieing-always remove any dead pitchers.

#3 iminei

iminei
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 13:08 PM

oh well that's good, always a bit alarming to see the glass bowl they're in brimful of rain after a heavy shower.
i did wonder if it was natural ageing process; the leaves are really bright pretty colours, though you can't see that so well from the pics!
my ceph has been flowering for over a month now and i finally removed the stalk last week. i never really worked out the seed collection/growing from process.

#4 mobile

mobile
  • Global Moderator
  • 4,421 posts
  • Interests:Carnivorous plants & hydroculture.

Posted 15 August 2011 - 16:24 PM

My outdoor Cephalotus permanently stand in a saucer of water this time of year, which currently is naturally topped up with rain!