White plant from leaf cutting

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 prized

prized
  • Full Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:32 PM

Hi all! During the winter I took a leaf cutting from my Dm Spotty. It made 4 new plantlets, but one of them, doesn't looks like a normal VFT.
It is nearly completely white. Any ideas about how that could be happened?

Posted Image

As you can see, it is standing near another plant that came from the same cutting! It is setting in full sun, for quite all the day, with the other plants!

#2 aflubenov

aflubenov
  • Full Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 22:20 PM

I wonder if it could make the photosintesis process to live.

#3 prized

prized
  • Full Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 23:01 PM

I know that White VFTs are present in some collection, and they survive year after year (growing very slowly though)..

#4 prized

prized
  • Full Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:12 PM

Uhm....very interesting post... nice participation... :pleasantry:

#5 ada

ada
  • Full Members
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:"green sarracenia"

Posted 04 August 2011 - 15:02 PM

Hi Yuri, sometimes this happens.No one knows what to say. Its unusual for spotty,but a white plant is something else,very rare.Any spots on it? :thumbsup:

#6 mantrid

mantrid
  • Full Members
  • 1,214 posts
  • Interests:Sculpting in Bronze. Please visit realbronzes.com and see some of my work

Posted 04 August 2011 - 17:36 PM

Hi Yuri, sometimes this happens.No one knows what to say. Its unusual for spotty,but a white plant is something else,very rare.Any spots on it? :thumbsup:

I had a green one once, with green spots. Cant seem to find it now since moving all my pots around.

#7 prized

prized
  • Full Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 19:39 PM

It doesn't seems to show any red colour.. Just a bit of green on the upper part of the trap..

I had a green one once, with green spots. Cant seem to find it now since moving all my pots around.

Green spots on a green plant or green spots on a variegated plant? :)

#8 Davion

Davion
  • Full Members
  • 354 posts
  • Location:7-minutes from Mount-Bold, Adelaide, South Australia
  • Interests:B3, F#4, D4, A4 & Plants

Posted 24 August 2011 - 15:14 PM

Leaves Usually Go-WHITE When-They Run-OUT of BOTH Iron-&-Manganese as Cofactors for Coenzymes IN The Photosynthetic-Pathway / Process so-to-Speak. The-Running-OUT Can Be Temporary or Permanent. They-Can Either-be Eluted From-The-Medium (Permanent Unless Re-Added) or Sequestered Within-The-Medium (Usually 'temporary' Unless You've Using some Powerful Ligand Such-as Cyanide or The-Like (Azide) BOTH (Flush-through Using R-Powerful-Ligand so-to-Speak).

OK ... Now-to The-RUB so-to-Speak. IRON Is-One-of R-Handful of Elements-of the Peiodic-Table THART-Can Naturally Pull-NITROGEN Out-of The-Air &-Fix-it IN-R NON-Biological-Manner so-to-Speak. Biological-Systems Make Use-of These-Facts and Make-Them More-Efficient by Incorporating Many-of & Quite-often More-than-One Together IE Molybdenum-&-Iron of-These Atoms as Cofactors IN-Coenezymes so-to-Speak.

Of-Course The Flip-Side of This is-THART This-Process is-Now 'Not'-Random &-Is Usually Controlled-&-Gate &-Can Even-be 'Poisoned' Because We-R-Afteral 'Now'-Dealing-with Very Small Numbers of Atoms & Quantities-of Molecules Indeed ... Rather-Than R-Rich-Lump of Iron or Molybdenum-Containing 'Dirt' so-to-Speak.

Don't-'Think' Either THART You-Can Make-Your WHITE-Plant Go-Green-Again by Shoving-ON some Manganese or Iron-'Salt' so-to-Seak ... For-Things IN The-'Real'-World R-More Complicated Than-THART so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<