• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tim Bailey

Tim Bailey
  • Full Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 16:01 PM

Dear all

We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible. Please make yourself known if you get a chance, so I can put a face to names.

We've had lots of good publicity in the local newspaper, Metro, etc., and the Zoo have had plenty of phone calls. We've also sold over 300 tickets, and the boat trip and meal has sold out. So a big thank you for your support.

So good has been the publicity, that we have been contacted by a major TV company who are producing an educational series for the Discovery Channel (Europe/US), one of which they want to include cps now!!! The TV crew will be at the Zoo most of Sunday, and following that up with further stuff the following week down in sunny Somerset. A prime objective was to generate lots of publicity for our hobby and the Society, so we are very pleased with that.

The weather is also looking okay too, with perhaps the risk of the odd light shower.

I'm in Chester most of the week, so this will probably be my last post this side of the EEE.

If anyone would like to give a hand at the stands from time to time, please approach one of us - it would be most welcomed! All we are after are a few people to talk cps and answer visitors questions.

The CPS wish you all a safe and trouble free journey - enjoy!

Tim

#2 James O'Neill

James O'Neill
  • 1,632 posts
  • Interests:Birdwatching, Zoology, Entomology, CPs, Painting, Cycling, Photography

Posted 28 June 2011 - 21:37 PM

300 tickets! I surely cannot wait!

You certainly have done a fine job, you and your fellow EEE orgainsers. I take my hat off to you, I really do :hi:

It will be nice to see you and everyone else there.

#3 Elliot

Elliot
  • Full Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 22:03 PM

I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. I shouldn't be too difficult to spot (I'm 6ft 5).

See you there,

Elliot

#4 djh

djh
  • Full Members
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:carnivorous plants. football. Golf and landrovers

Posted 29 June 2011 - 18:15 PM

Started to count down the hours now.
it will be great to meet you all and say hello.
allready been down the bank to empty the account.
see you all there. :thumbsup: