- - - - -

Bog Planter

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Rachel

Rachel
  • Full Members
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Gardening (particularly the growth of exotics).

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:39 AM

This is just a quick update that might be of interest to anyone keeping Sarracenia on a small scale like me.
Last year I set up a fibre glass container/planter in my garden and had great success growing my Sarracenia and one Darlingtonia in it. I got help from this forum on technicalities - like overflow holes in the planter.
I lifted my plants and brought them into the cold greenhouse for winter, where they were wrapped in fleece in a large plastic box inside the greenhouse.
For some reason the Darlingtonia died but the Sarracenia survived. One Sarracenia seems reduced in vigour this year, perhaps indicating that the weather knocked it back, and all took a very long time to regrow this spring. They really had me worried! Although three of my Sarras flowered last spring, they have decided to skip out on that bit this year and are now in full growth, making pitchers.
Yesterday I planted everything outdoors again in the bog garden, together with a little venus fly trap that overwintered well, watering it in well. Now to look for another Darlingtonia :Laie_75C:

Posted Image

Posted Image