Fast growth

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tuuagso

Tuuagso
  • Full Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:09 AM

Last year I planted a little Darlingtonia that I got from its mother plant and in April 2010 it looked like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then I transplanted it into a bigger pot and that baby became this (January 2011)

Posted Image
Posted Image

I had never seen a Darlingtonia growing like that, for me it was very fast, what do you think?

Edited by Tuuagso, 10 January 2011 - 06:02 AM.

#2 billynomates666

billynomates666
  • Full Members
  • 365 posts
  • Interests:motor bikes, CPs, being happy

Posted 11 January 2011 - 14:27 PM

Hi Tuuagso, It is a little beauty, very pleasing to look at.
If you grew it from a stolon rather than from seed, they do tend (once established) to grow quicker than the equivalent seed grown plant.
Plus you obviously give it a lot of TLC.
Steve

#3 cosmo

cosmo
  • Full Members
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Science, molecular biology research, carnivorous plants, Hoyas, reptiles....

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:14 AM

Woow.. what a change! You are really lucky to have a Darlingtonia that size here in Mexico, congratulations tuuagso :)

#4 dchasselblad74

dchasselblad74
  • Full Members
  • 1,300 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Photography, Mountain Biking, Kendo, Rifle Shooting, Maori Bone Carving, Biology, Ecology, Aquariums, Orchids, Sarracenias, Nepenthes, Heliamphoras, Albany Pitchers, Sundews, Pings, Utrics.....

Posted 03 March 2011 - 16:52 PM

Do you grow your Darlingtonia outdoors or indoors?? And what are your temp ranges(difference from day and night)???

#5 Tuuagso

Tuuagso
  • Full Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:33 AM

Do you grow your Darlingtonia outdoors or indoors?? And what are your temp ranges(difference from day and night)???

I grow it indoors, low humidity could kill the pitchers outdoors so I grow it in my bathroom by the window where it can get the enough light and humidity it needs. It grows around 20~25°C at day and 15°C at night, it seems it likes warm temperatures at day as long it gets enough light.