Would anyone like to host an open day in 2011

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dianne Salter

Dianne Salter
  • Full Members
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:My partner!!!
    His plants.......and my growing collection...lol.
    The great outdoors!!!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 21:19 PM

Hi and a very HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!!!

The time of year is upon us and we are all itching to see the plants waking up from their winter dormancy and to see what has survived the bitter cold weather that we have had of late.

I am now getting the CPS events diary ready for the spring and I notice that we have a few weekends available.

Is there anyone who would like to host an open day this year?

It does not matter how big or how small your collection is, its an opportunity for yourself to meet new faces and to have an enjoyable afternoon with fellow cp enthusiasts. (You never know what someone may bring to add to your collection :D )

I also notice that no one from the northern part of the UK or Ireland has hosted an open day in the past few years. There are plenty of cp collectors up North and in Ireland that can not always make it down south or across the water to other open days, so why not host your own open day for people nearer to you.

If you would like to host an open day this year and would like it entered into the Carnivorous Plant Society's events diary, send me an email to: dianne.riddiford@live.co.uk.

Regards Dianne
Meetings Organiser
Carnivorous Plant Society

#2 James O'Neill

James O'Neill
  • 1,632 posts
  • Interests:Birdwatching, Zoology, Entomology, CPs, Painting, Cycling, Photography

Posted 04 January 2011 - 22:05 PM

I'd love an open day in Northern Ireland! I've never met anyone who grows CPs face-to-face before.

#3 Dianne Salter

Dianne Salter
  • Full Members
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:My partner!!!
    His plants.......and my growing collection...lol.
    The great outdoors!!!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 22:31 PM

I'd love an open day in Northern Ireland! I've never met anyone who grows CPs face-to-face before.

Why not host your own open day to encourage people in Northern Ireland to come and see your collection. Its a great afternoon with great like minded people. :biggrin:

Regards Dianne

#4 Vic2

Vic2
  • Full Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 23:14 PM

Why not host your own open day to encourage people in Northern Ireland to come and see your collection. Its a great afternoon with great like minded people. :biggrin:

Regards Dianne

And you could flog your famous sketches from the comfort of your own home, James:
Your customers would come to you!

Hey, mebbe you could charge extra to see the plant models used for your works of art??

Go on, show us your legendary Irish hospitality, you know it makes sense!

N.B. Best clear it with Mum first? (I didn't, once. Only the once, mind you...)

Vic :wink:

P.S.
Hang on, I see a major problem:
Jimmy's too young to get a liquor licence!
A dry event in The Emerald Isle... almost an oxymoron... :(

#5 James O'Neill

James O'Neill
  • 1,632 posts
  • Interests:Birdwatching, Zoology, Entomology, CPs, Painting, Cycling, Photography

Posted 17 January 2011 - 23:47 PM

:biggrin: maybe next year - I mean 2012