• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Vic2

Vic2
  • Full Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:10 AM

Dear all,

So far the EEE 2011 is looking very good, well done Tim and Dennis.

After a little chat at Leiden, during the ICPS, last August, we decided to give the CPUK the EEE 2011. The Chairmen of the CPUK, Steve Cottel was also with this discussion. The night after the chat I e-mailed Phil Wilson the good news.

Take care,

Wouter Noordeloos

I'm curious why the CPS Chairman didn't want to communicate this very big news, leaving it to Tim and Dennis to talk to members and the public?

Vic

#2 Tim Bailey

Tim Bailey
  • Full Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 19:58 PM

I'm curious why the CPS Chairman didn't want to communicate this very big news, leaving it to Tim and Dennis to talk to members and the public?

Vic

Hi Vic

My responsibility being the Sub-committee Chairman for the EEE for the CPS and Dennis in equal command. :D

Tim

#3 Vic2

Vic2
  • Full Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:42 AM

Hi Vic

My responsibility being the Sub-committee Chairman for the EEE for the CPS and Dennis in equal command. :wall3:

Tim

Which begs the question:

What does Steve Cottell take responsibility for doing in the CPS?

I don't expect Tim or Dennis to have to answer this, as it may cause them undue embarrassment.

Perhaps the Chairman himself would deign to enlighten us?

Waiting agog,

Vic

#4 Wouter Noordeloos

Wouter Noordeloos
  • Full Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 18:16 PM

[quote name='Tim Bailey' date='22nd September 2010 - 21:01 PM' post='282513']
Good to hear from you Wouter. There will be a great exhibition, lectures and working out a filed trip + lots more. News to follow as soon as I can.

Hi Tim,

I'm feeling responsable for every EEE wherever it is somehow.

To Vic2; I agree with Tim and a little with you altough, every boardmember has it's own responabillities. So is my responsability the events, booksales and I own the Seedbank of Carnivora.

It''s not for me to judge why Steve Cotell makes the announcement of the EEE. It's just to the board of the CPUK to make a choise.

I guess the board of the CPUK has to do a lot of dicussing and talking what do do to make it a good EEE.

For Carnivora, for example, we start to orginise our ICPS-show (August 2010) at June 2009. I can tell you we had it very busy and we had boardmeetings every 2 months to discuss the next homework.
Especially the last 4 weeks I was working until 1 am to fix everything. During the last ICPS I was responsable for the Plantsale, not only the international sellers, but also for our own plantsale.

Belief me, the first 2 weeks after an EEE or ICPS you're more daed than alive and don't want to think about plants at all.

Take care,

Wouter

#5 Alexis

Alexis
  • Global Moderator
  • 3,280 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 22:30 PM

Save your opinions of certain members for the EEE or post in other forums.

#6 dennisB

dennisB
  • Sponsor
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:Absolutely anything to do with CPs

Posted 03 October 2010 - 15:30 PM

Vic

I for one am getting very bored by your coninuous sniiping at Steve Cottell. Steve does more for the Society in 1 year than most members do in 10.

He has the full support of all members of the committee.

At the last committee meeting you attended before your resignation you had the opportunity to raise any issues you had. You said not a word.

You are not a member of the society and Steve is under no obligation to reply to your ridiculous accusations.

This is my last post on this matter.

Fire away Vic.

Dennis

#7 James O'Neill

James O'Neill
  • 1,632 posts
  • Interests:Birdwatching, Zoology, Entomology, CPs, Painting, Cycling, Photography

Posted 03 October 2010 - 15:31 PM

Oh no.....not this again...

#8 Vic2

Vic2
  • Full Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:50 AM

Vic
I for one am getting very bored by your coninuous sniiping at Steve Cottell. Steve does more for the Society in 1 year than most members do in 10.
He has the full support of all members of the committee.
At the last committee meeting you attended before your resignation you had the opportunity to raise any issues you had. You said not a word.
You are not a member of the society and Steve is under no obligation to reply to your ridiculous accusations.
This is my last post on this matter.
Fire away Vic.

Dennis

You obviously did not take in Alexis' comment, Dennis.
He has already removed your previous post on this matter (and mine).
Since your allegation about me has been left on the forum, I have to give my side of the story.
Your allegation - that I "said not a word" about Steve's poor performance as Chairman - is patently untrue. :biggrin: E.g. read my post about that particular Committee meeting on a previous thread!

The fact you are trying to hide is:
Steve Cottell does not feel under any obligation to reply to anyone, member or not. And he does not. (Those who haven't, should try it and see).
He is a lovely guy, but this is not the attitude of a Chairman. Everyone knows it.
Steve should resign, for the sake of the CPS.

I respect your work for the CPS, Dennis. You are a worthy Committee member. (But please don't tell untruths).
Good luck with the EEE. :tu:

Vic

Edited by Vic2, 04 October 2010 - 12:49 PM.

#9 Andy Collins

Andy Collins
  • Admin
  • 1,079 posts
  • Interests:Carnivorous Plants, Gardening, Walking, Geocaching, Music,Computers and the Internet

Posted 04 October 2010 - 17:05 PM

I've let this go on too long. Vic if you want to continue this vendetta against the CPS and it's committee then do it somewhere else. I for one am sick of it now., no more post on this matter.

#10 Vic2

Vic2
  • Full Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 22:32 PM

I've let this go on too long. Vic if you want to continue this vendetta against the CPS and it's committee then do it somewhere else. I for one am sick of it now., no more post on this matter.

I hear what you say, Andy. And what Alexis said before you.

I point out that I heeded Alexis' previous remark, and did not post on this subject again.

However, Dennis Balsdon, CPS Membership Secretary, repeated his post after Alexis had deleted it, adding an untrue accusation against me.

This post has remained on the forum.
And I have nothing against free speech, as long as there is freedom to reply.

I think it is fair to allow me to show that the allegation is false.

N.B. I am not pursuing any vendetta against the CPS or its Committee.
I have pointed out an unfortunate truth which the CPS wishes to keep hidden.
Which is a major reason why the Society is declining, I'm sorry to say.

I am ashamed to admit that, when I served on the Committee, I helped to keep this secret - even though the Society was (and still is) suffering heavily because of it - and denied people who tried to expose it.

This was my way of making amends for my error.

Vic

#11 Andy Collins

Andy Collins
  • Admin
  • 1,079 posts
  • Interests:Carnivorous Plants, Gardening, Walking, Geocaching, Music,Computers and the Internet

Posted 05 October 2010 - 13:57 PM

Last warning. No more.