2 replies to this topic

#1 Tim Bailey

Tim Bailey
  • Full Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 13:57 PM

Hi all

So far we have:

8 traders who have said they would like to be at Chester Zoo.
5 national collections display (Sarracenia, Dionaea, Heliamphora, Drosera and Nepenthes). We are hopefully of getting a major Pinguicula collection too.

National collections

A peat-free and hydroponic display.

A CPS plant display.

A 3D VFT that reaches out of the screen to you.

Book sales.

We also plan to have a conservation exhibit, world of cp exhibit, Charles Darwin + history of cps exhibit, a kids activity zone, cultivation stand and merchandise stand too.

There will be a full lecture program and we will run workshops in the cultivation stand for Neps, Sarra, Drosera, VFT, etc at regular intervals on both days.

We are also looking for a suitable field trip.

If everything goes to plan then the EEE 2011 is going to be a must wherever you live. You'll be able to see plants you've only dreamed of seeing and a chance to buy from a very large range of less common plants. My recommendation is to start saving now and to buy a wheelbarrow to carry plants home in!

There will be a strong conservation theme, where we hope to raise money for a very worthy project - to be announced.

Mike King has also indicated opening up his collection on the 4th too.

All this plus all the Zoo has to offer!!!

Best wishes

Tim

Edited by Tim Bailey, 24 September 2010 - 12:50 PM.

#2 Vic2

Vic2
  • Full Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:42 AM

Impressive, Tim...
Bl**dy well done! :lol:

Re. field trips:

Mike K. knows of (relatively) nearby native Pinguicula and Drosera sites - I won't name them publicly - that might make a good field trip...

There are a couple of famous non-CP nurseries nearby:
Paul Christian's rare bulbs at Wrexham (www.rareplants.co.uk) and exclusive exotic garden species at Crug Farm Plants (www.crug-farm.co.uk).
Both are expert botanists with bags of experience. I know Paul Christian does lectures, and Crug Farm could be persuaded to talk about their collecting trips to Korea, etc.

Hope these help...

Can't wait,

Vic :biggrin:

#3 Tim Bailey

Tim Bailey
  • Full Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 14:29 PM

Impressive, Tim...
Bl**dy well done! :lol:

Re. field trips:

Mike K. knows of (relatively) nearby native Pinguicula and Drosera sites - I won't name them publicly - that might make a good field trip...

There are a couple of famous non-CP nurseries nearby:
Paul Christian's rare bulbs at Wrexham (www.rareplants.co.uk) and exclusive exotic garden species at Crug Farm Plants (www.crug-farm.co.uk).
Both are expert botanists with bags of experience. I know Paul Christian does lectures, and Crug Farm could be persuaded to talk about their collecting trips to Korea, etc.

Hope these help...

Can't wait,

Vic :biggrin:

Thanks Vic

Contacted Mike a few days back on this and he has kindly emailed back. Will look into these options. :lol:

Cheers

Tim