• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Emre

Emre
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:42 AM

Hi people,

I'm a newbie to CP growing. I was thinking that I did my research before I got my first package, but it seems I was wrong. My plants are unhappy, but why, I do not know. The gist of the matter I explained here:

http://www.cpukforum...showtopic=38575

I've read many FAQs and cultivation guidelines which stressed the importance of lighting, claiming that most plants die because of insufficient lighting. I have a 400 W sodium discharge lamp, hanging 30 cm above soil level. I use a small fan to prevent heat from building up inside the glass tank. Also, I used this light source for only a day and a half. (This is my third day with my plants.) I know that most CPs grow directly beneath tropical sunlight, and I know that insufficient lighting can easily kill plants, but is the reverse also true? Is my light source too strong? Or are they unhappy because of the physical trauma they suffered (my cat rolling over the bags) and the shock of transplantation?

Help is much appreciated.

Setup:
http://img714.images...hp?g=tankcl.jpg

Moisture/mist in the tank:
Posted Image

Plants sitting in water (please zoom to inspect individual plants)
Posted Image

Some plants look fine, while others are quite unhappy.

Edited by Emre, 19 September 2010 - 06:42 AM.

#2 Phil Green

Phil Green
  • Full Members
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:15 AM

Emre - This is the 3rd time you have asked for this same help, in just over 15 hours. People are trying to help and answer your questions on one of your other posts.

You will not get more help by keep posting the same question. You will just get no replies or answers will be spread over different posts and will get confusing.

Please - just ask once, and then give people a chance to try and help you.

Edited by Phil Green, 19 September 2010 - 09:17 AM.

#3 Emre

Emre
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:48 AM

Emre - This is the 3rd time you have asked for this same help, in just over 15 hours. People are trying to help and answer your questions on one of your other posts.

You will not get more help by keep posting the same question. You will just get no replies or answers will be spread over different posts and will get confusing.

Please - just ask once, and then give people a chance to try and help you.

Hi,

You're right, the second post in the general discussion forum was redundant, but I posted in this forum deliberately. The forum rules say the answers given here will be used to build up a database. I've read many FAQs before buying my CPs but none of them ever mentioned a "too much light" problem. Just to give an example, I've read this FAQ from beginning to end, which seems very popular with beginners, and the author repeats several times that most plants only die from too little lighting.

http://www.sarraceni...aq/faq3020.html

Since you're building a database, I think it important that others should not repeat my mistake, no?

Edited by Emre, 19 September 2010 - 10:49 AM.