EEE 2011 . Chester Zoo

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#141 fishycps

fishycps
  • Full Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 18:23 PM

Hi all, as it was my first time at EEE or at any CPS event I just want to thank all the committee members and everyone else with whom I spoke for their generous hospitality, advice and welcome to the CP community. It was great to be able to put faces to names that I have seen mentioned in dispatches or on this forum. I had a great time and bought far too many plants! I even managed to get them home to Ireland without provoking the ire of Scabair and Mr O'Leary. The 3 1/2 foot flava maxima doesn't seem to have reacted too badly to being bent double to fit in my bag either! I also made it down to Mikes open day on the Monday which was fabulous - I need a new house with room for more greenhouses! I got home rather late and was up until half past midnight potting up the new plants and doing my watering. On the Tuesday I was off down to Co. Cork for work and managed to continue the CP theme by making a visit to the Healy Pass to see the 4 species of CPs there on my way home the following day. I'll put some pics up later.
I hope to get back over again, probably next year.
Thanks again, Ian

#142 Jure

Jure
  • Full Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:38 AM

Hi to all!

I spent two pleasant days with all of you, see many nice people and even buy much more plants than I planned. I needed 3 days to organize all my memories and here is the product (some photos from the event):

Meeting in Chester Zoo

Some names are missing, I've lost them from my memory or confused with others. If you see some mistakes or emptiness please send me a pm and I will repair. The webpage is written in our language, but you can imagine what it tells.

And a special thanks to AndyP, who was my driver and everything else. Without him it would be impossible to see as much I did!

#143 keefy

keefy
  • Full Members
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes and Carnivorous plants

Posted 16 July 2011 - 15:26 PM

Thanks Jure for posting some more photos of the event :clapping: