Byblis Guehoi (new species) EDIT Better pix!

Here is the only surviving plant of 4 seedlings of Byblis Guehoi that I grew in an aquarium in my backyard in Geneva...Pretty beautiful for a survivor, no? :):)

It loves to branch!

A few bits of info:

GA3 used for germination

No B9 or clipping was needed

Plants kept between 10C and 45C

4949849700_93e7144e86_z.jpg

S1052663 by westmeetseast.ch, on Flickr

url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/westmeetseast/4949881336/]4949881336_3e5834bd91_z.jpg[/url]

S1052687 by westmeetseast.ch, on Flickr

ws8aio.jpg

25him35.jpg

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Hi Jon,

What a wonderful specimen! What substrate and pot size do you use? I grow this plant- it is very vigorous, and flowers profusely, but for me only branches when clipped. Also, there is a lot of interest in tropical Byblis on the ICPS forum- several of their members may be interested to see this.

Cheers,

Greg

Thanks Greg!

Pots 15cm in diameter, substrate is peat, perlite, vermiculite, some sphagnum, and expanded clay (big mix, but it was recommended to me by a very talented grower and I'm happy with the results!)

As for the branching, my plant simply branched when it was only 2 cm tall...No extra care necessary!

Cheers, and have a look at the *new* pics I put up too, if you'd like. The plants have just exploded!

Hi Jon,

What a wonderful specimen! What substrate and pot size do you use? I grow this plant- it is very vigorous, and flowers profusely, but for me only branches when clipped. Also, there is a lot of interest in tropical Byblis on the ICPS forum- several of their members may be interested to see this.

Cheers,

Greg