• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 LJ

LJ
  • Members
  • 2,269 posts
  • Interests:CP's ofcourse!

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:18 AM

Willy - there are 2 clones of Minutissimum - one as mentioned above is known to have reverted back to the normal size but there is also another clone from a french grower that so far seems to be stable - I have this clone and its the smallest vft I have seen - however this clone is still very rare. So it all depends on which clone you have!! Also is yours called Minutissimum or minutissima??

#42 will9

will9
  • Full Members
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:cactussen, succulenten, gardenplants, carnivores - all plants

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:48 AM

Willy - there are 2 clones of Minutissimum - one as mentioned above is known to have reverted back to the normal size but there is also another clone from a french grower that so far seems to be stable - I have this clone and its the smallest vft I have seen - however this clone is still very rare. So it all depends on which clone you have!! Also is yours called Minutissimum or minutissima??

Hi LJ i have minutissimum very small and i have minutissima also very small ,then i have minutissimum that s bigger one ,probably this is the wrong one. i think the 2 first are tesame clone ?
i will know this abbout Holland red to,know or have someone the real thing?so let me know please!Also whit red dragon ,i think what i have is not the real one ,i read the real have only a bit off green in the haert off the plant ,mines have more green,so i am not sure ,i have 4 plants off this from 4 different sources and she looks all not that red that are mention in discription.(she staying in full sun whole day long,
Cheers Willy

Edited by will9, 10 June 2010 - 10:56 AM.

#43 LJ

LJ
  • Members
  • 2,269 posts
  • Interests:CP's ofcourse!

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:00 AM

I have not heard of a clone called minutissima - I have only heard of minutissimum!! But like I said its VERY rare - I have only got this clone by swapping other rare vfts - its not something you would find easily for sale. Do not rename minutissima unless you are 200% sure its the same clone as minutissimum. Perhaps you can check with the seller of minutissima about the spelling or the origins......similarly perhaps check whether your minutissimum comes from the french grower and is this 2nd stable clone. Do not pass these plants onto other sellers unless you can be sure which clones you have......

Heather

#44 toimeme

toimeme
  • Full Members
  • 319 posts
  • Interests:carnivore, informatique,movies,nature and child(i have 4)

Posted 10 June 2010 - 13:56 PM

hi,

for minutissimum Lj is right, clone from triffids revert back, but second clone from chloroplastik is stabil and it possible to find it more easily now, there is 2 years ago it was very difficult.

i think there problem with red clone, lot of différent but without label impossible to know who's who ^^

for akai ryu aka red dragon color depend on conditions, full sun plant is completely red dark, in other place it can have more green than red.

you have too look flower stalk, the flower stalk of red dragon is particular.

Edited by toimeme, 10 June 2010 - 13:57 PM.

#45 will9

will9
  • Full Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 15:28 PM

Perhaps is minutissima from a Italian grower ,she chance the names easy ,this plants came from a friend off mine ,he become this from some English grower ,i go ask for the name off these.The bigger one is perhaps from Triffid ,i chance never etikets ,iff plant not fitts the discrispion then i remove this and place not another one.Then it s a unamed plant!
My akai ryu stay in full sun ,iff she will shines ,for moment i see still green in my plants but not many days off sun for the last months,flowerstalk is particular ,so meaby the riht plants! :on_the_quiet:
Cheers Willy

#46 will9

will9
  • Full Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 13:14 PM

So i have done wat people told me and bring out miniature sawtooth for seeing it s stable,looks wat happened whit this very good advice,after i send this out there is selling some miniature sawtooth ,many people have this now ,i think after all some one els go run away whit the claim hes make a miniature sawtooth ,very good advice thanks to everyone,
Cheers Will

#47 Amar

Amar
  • Full Members
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:single malt whisky, irish/scottish music, tin whistles, low whistles, and yes, carnivorous plants.

Posted 18 August 2011 - 13:51 PM

Was that sarcasm or did I misunderstand?
Regardless if someone now is or isn't selling miniture sawtooth vfts, it still was a good idea not to give your plants any specific name last year. If your plants now are stable, and still remaining small, then it is definitely worthwhile considering giving them a name.

#48 will9

will9
  • Full Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 14:10 PM

Was that sarcasm or did I misunderstand?
Regardless if someone now is or isn't selling miniture sawtooth vfts, it still was a good idea not to give your plants any specific name last year. If your plants now are stable, and still remaining small, then it is definitely worthwhile considering giving them a name.

Hi Amar,yes it was a bit sarcasm ,the plant is selling allready from a nursery in Germany i have seen ,if it s the same clone anyway?I think it is.
So this advice i got was not the best i ever got.
Can i still do it after its spread all over the collections?
Plant is still stable for 4 years now,i not know if she are stable to the people i swap or give this,i not received any answhere if i ask for it.I supoose she still are ,i planned this year or next year to ask for cultivar status,meaby i gone do this,
Cheers Will

Edited by will9, 18 August 2011 - 14:13 PM.