• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kisscool_38

kisscool_38
  • Full Members
  • 847 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 18:09 PM

Hello everybody

Here are pics of two plants that are supposed to be Genlisea filiformis. But as you can see, their flowers are different, mainly the spurs. Any idea of what they could be?

Plant 1:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Plant 2:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks

Regards

Aymeric

#2 Fernando Rivadavia

Fernando Rivadavia
  • Full Members
  • 1,764 posts
  • Interests:CPs in the wild, especially Drosera, Pinguicula, Genlisea, and Utrics

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:36 AM

Bonjour Aymeric,

The spur is a little pointy, but it still looks like G.filiformis. Does it have location data?

A bientot!
Fernando Rivadavia

Edited by Fernando Rivadavia, 22 January 2009 - 04:36 AM.

#3 kisscool_38

kisscool_38
  • Full Members
  • 847 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 17:37 PM

Ola Fernando,

The first plant (mine) is only located from Brazil. I don't have more precise data.
The second (from another french CP grower) don't have any location data. I was told the spur always look like this, very long and pointy.

Muito obrigado

Aymeric

#4 Markus

Markus
  • Full Members
  • 393 posts
  • Interests:Lentibulariaceae

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:53 AM

Hi Aymeric,

both plants are G. filiformis. This species is very variable.
The second plant is the first form that entered cultivation. Formerly it was spreaded falsely under the name G. pallida.

Cheers,
Markus

#5 kisscool_38

kisscool_38
  • Full Members
  • 847 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 17:52 PM

Thanks Markus.
You're right, the second plant comes from CZplants so it was formely named Genlisea pallidula.

Regards

Aymeric

#6 Fernando Rivadavia

Fernando Rivadavia
  • Full Members
  • 1,764 posts
  • Interests:CPs in the wild, especially Drosera, Pinguicula, Genlisea, and Utrics

Posted 03 February 2009 - 17:55 PM

Hmmm, interesting to hear that this strange "false G.pallida" is still looking so strange in cultivation, that it wasn't just a freak plant that was growing strangely in Barry Rice's conditions....

I don't remember if we ever nailed down exactly where that plant came from, although I'm almost sure it was one of my collections.

Best wishes,
Fernando Rivadavia

#7 kisscool_38

kisscool_38
  • Full Members
  • 847 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 20:18 PM

That's not my own plant, but I was told by its owner that it have bloomed twice while in its collection, the flowers always looked like that, even if he has changed the substrate and growing conditions between the two bloomings.
So yes, it seems a very stable variation. I remember other pics of the same clone, the flowers always look the same, with this long spur.

Regards

Aymeric

#8 Markus

Markus
  • Full Members
  • 393 posts
  • Interests:Lentibulariaceae

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:42 AM

I don't remember if we ever nailed down exactly where that plant came from, although I'm almost sure it was one of my collections.

As far as I know the seeds of this false G. pallida came originally from Allen Lowrie and plants were offered from BCP for the first time.

Cheers,
Markus

#9 Fernando Rivadavia

Fernando Rivadavia
  • Full Members
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:45 AM

As far as I know the seeds of this false G. pallida came originally from Allen Lowrie and plants were offered from BCP for the first time.

That's what I meant: it came from me originally, hahaha! I probably sent them to Allen ages ago.

Best wishes,
Fernando Rivadavia