how to

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 adams

adams
  • Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:29 AM

how do i germinate and grow Drosophyllum?

#2 Alexis

Alexis
  • Global Moderator
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:51 AM

Adam, have a look at http://www.carnivoro...edgermguide.htm

It's one of the first pages to come up on Google!

#3 Andy Collins

Andy Collins
  • Admin
  • 1,079 posts
  • Interests:Carnivorous Plants, Gardening, Walking, Geocaching, Music,Computers and the Internet

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:33 PM

Instead of posting one line questions, try the search on the forum you will find your answers much quicker.

#4 Guest_FredG_*

Guest_FredG_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2008 - 14:30 PM

Instead of posting one line questions, try the search on the forum you will find your answers much quicker.

Andy, I searched for a Search FAQ.

We don't seem to have one. :smile:

#5 jimscott

jimscott
  • Full Members
  • 5,737 posts
  • Interests:Tropical fish, Carnivorous Plants, Gardening, Scrabble, Ping-Pong, Disco and New Wave Music

Posted 12 February 2008 - 15:45 PM

I'm kinda curious as to what CP's you currently have. Two of what you have asked about are rather challenging and the 3rd (Neps) are the more challenging of that genera. I started out with the relatively easy, tissue cultured, Lowes / Home Depot CP's and then when I was reasonably successful with them I tried different plants.

#6 adams

adams
  • Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 00:26 AM

i have 2 n tuncatas(both high and low), a n lowii, a rajah, cephalotus, N.rafflesiana, N.albomargina, N.ampullaria N.merrilliana, roridula gorgonia, a venus fly trap, a Drosera falconeri, Sarracenia purpurea ssp. purpurea, and a Sarracenia minor.

#7 glider14

glider14
  • Members
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:CPs duh?

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:02 AM

what do you grow your neps in? a greenhouse? all in one? are they all pitchering?

Drosphyllum is both difficult to germinate(if not done correctly) and even harder to keep alive long term. they are very picky on how they are watered, dont like high humidity(from what i have read) and need lots of lights.

Alex

#8 adams

adams
  • Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:47 AM

i grow my neps in a terrarium. they are all pitchering except my rajah. are all pitchering except my rajah but it is growing very slowly

p.s. i got a fan and a propagation mat under it with a controler that goes down to 40 degrees
is lowii an ultrahighland?
adam