Drosophyllum seedling question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Greg Allan

Greg Allan
  • Full Members
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 14:12 PM

I have two Drosophyllum seedlings growing well in a 7 inch clay pot- should I remove one? I know that removal of all but one seedlings was Slack's recommendation, but I've read since that they can grow together. Any suggestions, anyone?

Cheers,

#2 C.Weinberger

C.Weinberger
  • Full Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 14:34 PM

Hello Greg!
I had a few seeds this year in one pot. They germinated very quick, and without any problems. The distance between a few seeds was less than a half centimeter. So I donĀ“t think that you have to remove one.
Best regards Christian

#3 zoomanuk

zoomanuk
  • Full Members
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:obviously plants,most sports and cheesecake!!

Posted 08 June 2007 - 18:08 PM

hi greg,i put 5 seeds in one 8" pot,they all germinated and all are about 4-5" tall at mo and seemingly doin well.the mother plant is in a 10" pot on its own and doin well

#4 chloroplast

chloroplast
  • Members
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Horticulture: Carnivorous plants, Cacti and succulents, orchids<br />Reading - horticulture, medicine <br />Classical music<br /><br />

Posted 11 June 2007 - 00:37 AM

I wouldn't remove them because there's really no need. A single plant in a 7" pot won't get too large (relatively speaking) and if there are two in there, they might be smaller than they otherwise would be if single. But that's the only real issue I see, if you consider it an issue.