- - - - -

Cobra seedling dormancy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JRFxtreme

JRFxtreme
  • Full Members
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:Carnivorous Plants, Triops, Counter-Strike, TV, Skateboarding, Guitar, blah blah blah

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:21 AM

Hello Darlingtonia growers.

I have some seedlings growing under lights and I'm wondering whether I can keep them under the lights and have them skip their first winter. I know you can do this with Sarracenia and its beneficial for them, but is it a problem with Darlingtonia?

#2 Guest_Sheila_*

Guest_Sheila_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2006 - 20:29 PM

I can't see any reason why it should be a problem, though I have never tried it. If you have several seedlings try putting some under lights and give some a dormancy, that way you will be able to see just how much benefit the seedlings do get from it, if any.

#3 JRFxtreme

JRFxtreme
  • Full Members
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:Carnivorous Plants, Triops, Counter-Strike, TV, Skateboarding, Guitar, blah blah blah

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:26 AM

Thanks for the reply, but I was kind of hopeing for a definate answer.

No one out there has tried skipping the first winter? Currently I have one of the pots outside and have the other in the terrarium so some are getting a winter regardless.

Come on, I know some of you veterans out there have tried this! :shock:

#4 Alexis

Alexis
  • Global Moderator
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 12:02 PM

'Fraid not, but I can see no reason why they wouldn't be like sarracenia and grow to maturity quicker skipping their first winter.