Forum Sales Negative Feedback

Andy Collins

This is not feedback for a grower but a warning against Simply Electronics. Giving the appearance of being in the UK, they seem to be based in Hong Kong. Amazon and Google Checkout are on the road to disassociating with them.

They are unlikely to have your item in stock (despite saying otherwise), will not inform you of any delay, take your money immediately and, when you cancel your order and ask for a refund, you will be lucky to get it quicker than a month later. If you do get your goods then it will not have a UK or European guarantee (so called 'grey' goods).

This isn't just my experience but the experience of many!

Not to be confused with Simply Control who are both reliable and UK based!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I want to warn you against Kurt Komlec from Belgium.

There was a common order concerning pure live sphagnum moss organised by paulo09 from polish CP forum www.rosliny-owadozerne.pl.

The money was paid, the order was confirmed on 10 March 2009. The moss reached Poland on 24 March 2009. I received my part of the order 2 days later.

Problems are:

1. I ordered 10 litres of pure live sphagnum moss, I received only about 5 litres.

2. The quality of the moss is very poor.

3. Firstly, still in March, Kurt Komlec refused to return the money. Although he maintained that the moss is of good quality and proper quantity, he promised to send moss once again as a sign of goodwill. But then, he has obviously changed his mind. He do not respond to the mails neither mine nor paulo09's. There is no sign from him for a month now. Paulo09 said that he ordered moss from him previously and it was of good quality. I cannot blame paulo09, he is a reliable CP grower, plants from him are always of good quality.

Here are some pictures of the alleged pure live sphagnum moss.

2fec0be649edaf34m.jpg

91d811e049f4f060m.jpg

9a036d71513f7dddm.jpg

As you can see, it contains only about 5% of pure live sphagnum. The rest are just some trash from the forest.

Edited by fly guy

Moss in the photos is 3 times better than that, what i recived... [the same import form polish CP forum]

I found many cones, wood, other mosses, dead bugs and ~98% of this was dead sphagnum. It looked like somebody have taken it from the forest, packed and sent....

www.rosliny-owadozerne.pl was made by old nepenti owners, some years ago. Recently forum members have collected money for new hosting and server, and now forum don't have anything similar with Bohemica plants/Nepenti etc. Previous forum was only financed by BP due to provide support for their buyers. After some years it evolved to quite big forum gathering most od CP groovers from Poland...

Regards

Attention.

please check this out at Polish auctions. I think that this man is using your photographs for sale seeds.

(on this forum nick - jkwiatek)

here:

http://www.allegro.pl/item621070462_kaptur...owadozerne.html

and..here:

http://www.allegro.pl/item611338436_rosicz...owadozerne.html

and........here:

http://www.allegro.pl/item621089385_droser...owadozerne.html

on remaining auctions also :roll:

for jkwiatek in Polish:

Mija rok jak zamawialem rosliny z Twojego importu, a zwrotu nie mam za brakujace rosliny, choc; zawsze mi wysylales informacje, ze juz juz.. za chwile mi odeslesz pieniadze. Juz nie bede sie upominal :). O tym nie bede pisal, ale Cie obsmaruje troszke :D.. i pamietaj na przyszlosc...obserwuje Cie...

I wish you great fun with examining photographs.

I hope that somebody here will get the spank. :)

Best regards,

Pawel :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am not sick nor death I have u spending financieres not foreseen of the order of 300€ thus with all my willingness I was not able to send the money

I am spirit to solve this problem as quickly as possible

dear Lydéric

• 1 month later...

Hi all, like Paradoxo79, I want to report my bad experience with jkwiatek.

I ordered and payed 2 plants. He never asked me my address and never gave me back my money...

Unfortunately i remembered it too late, and the paypal didn't accepted my contestation...

I hope to hear something from him..sooner or later..some explaination at least

Edited by prized

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Just wanted to ask if anyone has heard from Andy Smith (An D Smith).

I've ordered and paid for some plants on 25th of August. On September the 14th he replied a pm that he was recovering from the flu and that he would send the plants that day.

But still no plants and he doesn't answer my pm's or mail.

I know it's frustrating not to get plants asap after ordering, but as the others have said, you must not worry when ordering from andy.

Edited by Amar

I was reluctant to post in this topic but didn't know where else to put it.

Andy told me he was recovering or at least was fit enough to post the plants. He has visited the forum so he could have let me know through pm or mail that he wasn't able to send the plants on the 14th. I can't tell if he fell ill again or is on one of his journeys. The last message was that the plants would be posted. So when they still haven't arrived after 50 days I started to worry plants were lost during shipping.

So I pm-ed and mailed him to ask about the plants. I'm not frustrated about not getting plants asap.

If my post has to be moved to a more suitable place..........

I have to say I agree that I think Andy is a great guy, if he hasnt sent the plants etc then I would say there is a good reason for it. He is a very busy guy and I'm sure as soon as hes fully recovered or back at home with some free time then he will contact you about the plants. 50 days is quite a long time to wait but one thing I'm sure of is that he isnt trying to run off with your money and not send you any plants, it could be that he did send and they were lost in the post! Also sometimes when you're busy its not always easy to answer mails, sometimes I get so many that I dont always answer them straight away and I guarantee Andy is even busier than me....give him some time I'll sure he will contact you.

Heather

I understand that some people get a lot of messages. But as soon there is a business agreement I believe that is important to be clear about the transaction. There can always be circumstances why things don't go as planned or promised but with al little more communication it wouldn't be a problem!

I'm not implying that Andy is a dishonest person but I do regret the fact that he has not replied my pm's or mail.

And to everyone that are selling plants....... without you a lot of us wouldn't have all these wonderfull plants! All I am asking is to try to see the buyer's point a view. I don't want to compare plants with other products but in the end they are. If you buy something like a mobile phone and the seller doesn't respond wouldn't you want to know what was going on?

I will wait till he contacts me.

Update: Andy has contacted me. Plants are on their way.

Edited by Mantis

• 1 month later...

Hello,

for me it is the first mail that seems to be lost.

On 19th October I sent 9 mails to different adresses in different countries (3 to Spain). All mails arrived exept the mail of alambrito.

The messages I got from alambrito were unfriedly and put pressure on me to pay the money back.

The way to his adress is out of my control and not at my risk.

Regards,

Hans-Jürgen

Hello,

for me it is the first mail that seems to be lost.

On 19th October I sent 9 mails to different adresses in different countries (3 to Spain). All mails arrived exept the mail of alambrito.

The messages I got from alambrito were unfriedly and put pressure on me to pay the money back.

The way to his adress is out of my control and not at my risk.

Regards,

Hans-Jürgen

Probably best to follow ebay/paypal type rules when trading plants by post. E.g. its the sellers responsibility to ensure the plants arrive, send them recorded delivery and if they don't arrive give a refund. The problem with the EU is that you guys cant get your act together about what is 'legal' to send by post and stuff gets destroyed by some post offices, part of the joy of the European federation of faceless and overpayed bureaucrats.

Probably best to follow ebay/paypal type rules when trading plants by post. E.g. its the sellers responsibility to ensure the plants arrive, send them recorded delivery and if they don't arrive give a refund. The problem with the EU is that you guys cant get your act together about what is 'legal' to send by post and stuff gets destroyed by some post offices, part of the joy of the European federation of faceless and overpayed bureaucrats.

Just some info here, two years ago I bought D. roseana gemmae from HJH and there were no problems whatsoever. I would definitely buy from him again, and would certainly not put him on the neg feedback list.