Chester boat trip update

Dear all

We are still dealing with Chesterboat for a return of all money paid to them for the evening cruise. There was an intial delay until the end of July before the Managing Director of Chesterboat was able to speak to Chester Racecourse who supplied the meal. I then disappeared off on hoilday.

We have recently heard back that the Racecourse will not be invoicing Chesterboat for the disastrous evening meal. This is a bill we had not paid yet to Chesterboat, with who we had the contract. Unfortunately Chesterboat told us that they would not return the fee for the actual boat trip, but offered us half fare on another trip in the future. Naturally that is no good to us.

We are sympathetic to Chesterboat as they were equally let down by the Racecourse caterers, but as our contract is with Chesterboat we have no choice but to address this matter directly with them. We have sent a polite letter telling them that we consider that they are in breach of their guarantee and that we expect our full costs back. If we have no joy then we will need to consider formal options to recovery our members money.

I don't expect Chesterboat to reply straight away, as they may want to seek advice. When we do, I'll update you again.

Tight traps

Tim

Chairman CPS