All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. DNS problems with CPUK

I I had a sneaking suspicion it was related to the ZX Spectrum that I used to have.
  3. DNS problems with CPUK

ZX81. First available computer sold by W H Smiths for 70 quid in 1981 LOL. No email then, we either sent letters or talked to each other.
  4. No more PM notifications?

Hi there, since the last breakdown (or update? ) of the forum, I don't get any more email-notifications when receiving a PM. Before that, I got an email immediately after someone send one. In the settings-section (Messenger - I receive a message), both triggers (Notification List and Email) are checked, but are greyed out, so are not changeable. Is it only me, who has this problem, or did anyone else notice that behaviour? Best regards, Christian
  5. Auction 450 - A trio of Sarracenia

Can this one be archived now @sheila
  6. Hi, I bought my LED Spotlight from Christian Ritter/Germany. The pic shows day and night
  7. it can be ok with Highland neps and heli? I really want to do something like Vince81 in his amazing terrarium, but i think im not be able to, so I would buy something that is already composed. I found this LED on a Swedish site, unfortunately they don't ship internationally. (http://www.lillafiskaregatanstradgardsbutik.se/Konsument/ODLING/Odlingstillbehor,_krukor_mm/Vaxtbelysning/Vaxtbelysning,_LED-ramp_15W_Starter?id=36-5576 )
  8. DNS problems with CPUK

I have a problem with the emails now. I think this one's my doing though. I'm trying to get it sorted so I'm sorry you didn't get my email. What's the ZX81 that you're referring to?
  9. I ordered some extension tubes from Wish about a month ago, which arrived at the post office yesterday. Took a few shots using the 55-250 lens, and seems much easier to use than the reverse ring method, and can get a bit more of the subject into the shot. Well, here are the first trial shots. Will practise a bit more in the coming days.
  10. LED for my higland terrarium

I bought my led strip light here cheap and they r pushing my seeds up on the windowsill http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272470978065
  11. DNS problems with CPUK

Morning Richard....no email received from you. However, At the moment I am obviously able to reply here....it's all beyond me, where did the ZX81 go?
  12. Lovely plants, wish I could get a collection going like that.
  13. Mike King's autumn open day 14th of October

Count us in too Mike ;)
  14. Last week
  15. DNS problems with CPUK

Hi Keith I emailed you earlier looking for information. Did you get my email?
  16. So now Sarracenia purpurea eats slugs!

Assuming innocence without proof to the contrary has never hurt, but you're right that correcting info wasn't explicitly mentioned.
  17. Ping gypsicola, starting to grow

Ha, that's a very contrary Ping you've got there but at least it's showing it can grow now even if it is in the wrong season. I had a look at mine and it looks like the first signs of Winter leaves are starting to appear. When mine was stuck in dormant mode it got through 2 summers with its Winter rosette so hopefully yours will be OK in the reverse situation. You might have to keep an eye on the watering in case it needs more than normal during Winter. Or maybe it will just drop back into dormancy at some point.
  18. Mike King's autumn open day 14th of October

Hi Matze, it would be great to see you if you can make it!
  19. hello guys, how are you? I left cultivation of carnivorous plants few years ago cause university, now I want to start again. I started few weeks ago my project for Highland terrarium, and I want to switch from T5 bulb to LED. well m terrarium is 70cm length 61cm height 40 depth, so 168L terrarium. now my question is, which LED I have to use for light up my terrarium? LED is still better than T5 bulbs? can you help me to create a good LED plan? thank you for the attention. :-)
  20. Drosera ramentacea

Same here, sorry for a late reply :-)
  21. Not sure where to post this but, looking at past auctions, some plants were not re-homed. There were some I liked, so I wondered what happens to them. Do they get re-auctioned, can people offer to buy them? Do they end up homeless, doomed to wander, unwanted and alone? Mocked by the nettles and ridiculed by the general weed population. I have a tear in my eye, or is that the pickled onions I'm eating?
  22. Hello Thanks for your kind words. Then here's my setup for the Petiolaris Drosera. My plastic tubs in which the plants are are standing in a room under the roof, there is the temperature at a few hours of sunshine always over 30 degrees. From the temperatures thus an optimal place. Direct sunlight does not get the plants off. Light: 4x 39W fluorescent Tube High Output 2x 6500 K. and 2x 3000 K. A secret Jardin finished faucet 2x 36 watts. 1x 6500K and once 2700K. Duration of lighting: 12,5h Lux: Don't have a real Luxmesser just an app for your smartphone. The measurement resulted in approx. 15000Lux. Humidity approx. 65%-70% in daylight and around 90% at night. Temperatures: On the day between 28-35 degrees. At night between 24-28 degrees. There is no fan in use. Regards Danny
  23. DNS problems with CPUK

I have recently been having problems posting in topics, replying to messages etc. This is confined to my laptop only, the iPad works fine, using it to post this. Worked ok for the last auction I entered (448) and my reply to Sheila and Andy. Since then problems. Andy posted a message to me, I was able to read but not reply.
  24. Well this is a new experience for me, i actually have a gypsicola which is growing instead of just staying forever in dormany. Problem is its growing at the wrong time of year, so how do i get it through the winter? Will it go dormant again?
  25. So now Sarracenia purpurea eats slugs!

I dont think agreed to do anything did they? That message is equivalent to saying "ive just dropped your letter in the one day file and its the last either you or i will hear about it", lol.
  1. Load more activity