Posting pictures.

After much effort, I have found out how to post pictures on the forum. How do I retain the pictures together on the posting while I go away to the rest of the computer. Surely, I don't just post then edit it.

I have some nice pictures of Chelsea to show.

Posting pictures on here is a headache too far.

Other forums are no problem.  Drag and drop, size no problem.

Here it says maximum total size 0.28 MB.

How do people on here get loads of photos into one post?  Beats me completely.

Someone posted on here a while ago about how to do it, but it was so complicated I gave up trying.

There's loads of things I'd like to post on here, all needing photos.  TBH, I've given up completely.

Guy

Same as Guy

I rarely add much to this site anymore due to the time and effort involved. 

I am an active member of a car forum that has an identical layout to this, when I use the " add other media" option it does just that, no faffing about trying to reduce the photo size down to something tiny....

Posting pictures takes a bit of time but it's not that bad either. You can make a flickr account (free website), only need to do that once. There you can upload pictures, that site is made to store pictures of thousands of people. When you go to photostream and click on a picture, you have an arrow that says 'Share'. This will give you a link that allows to be pasted in a forum. It will not display as the link but it will display as the actualy picture in pretty good quality. No need to reduce the picture size.  If you have a question about it, feel free to message me, because i'd love to see more people post pictures here.

Might just have got the hang of this!  Some more pictures of the little greenhouse with stuff in, and the two 'bog gardens' next to it.  Both purple bog gardens were frozen solid a few times over winter.  It's amazing anything came back to life!

Hope you like the carnivorous tomato plant!

Thanks again Koen.  This seems so easy now!

Guy

P1010087P1010088P1010089

Edited by Guy

Sorry, just me being a bit grumpy from coming in tired last night.

Guy, keep an eye on your pictures because I have a funny idea that when you use a website such as Flickr, the pictures disappear from the forum after a little while. This is what I have been told. If you post directly as I did, they don't disappear. 

It will be interesting to see what happens.

What do you mean by 'post directly'?  I used the 'share button on Flickr then copied the URL it gave me into the post.

How do you do it?

Here's a photo showing a really tall Darlingtonia.

P1010091

Guy

Hi Guy,

I first resize the picture by downloading onto   www.resizeimage.net    then resize and download onto my computer, it go onto PC on the computer.

I then just upload the picture onto the CPUK website posting. I haven't been using Flickr. As with Windows, there are usually more than one way of doing things.

Nice pictures, glad to see it works for you. And the pictures that disappear are probably not those of Flickr but people probably mean those of Photobucket, a site that indeed suddenly removed all pictures unless you would pay for it. This should not be the case with flickr.