Root Mealy Bug

I have a few Sarracenia that have rather unfortunately got a bad dose of mealy bug in the roots. Years ago I grew cacti and the best way to treat root mealy bugs on cactiwas to submerge the roots into a bowl of methylated spirits, let them dry and then re-pot. Is this treatment safe to use on Sarracenias?

If not, what is the best way to treat this?

Treating that way won't get rid of root mealy bug you will need to treat all your plants including what you have in the garden otherwise you risks them coming back . International shipping is the best and only option to solve this problem for you . 

Edited by robs

I feel for you, Mealy Bugs are a pain, particularly a bad infestation in the roots!

See Mike Wang's method here... Link (4th post)... this is the method I would use if I were to get an outbreak.

Most important (as I'm sure you're aware) is that the infected plant gets isolated, preferably some distance from your healthy plants, or at least do not let is share a water tray with anything else. 

Good luck!

Edited by Stu