Sign in to follow this  
nowakpiotr2005

Sarracenia species

Can somebody tell me what species of sarracenia is this? I've had some people telling me that it's a young Sarracenia Courtii but Im not entirely sure...8c315ca850678e1df4e415898fe255fd.jpg

Wysłane z mojego HUAWEI CUN-L01 przy użyciu Tapatalka

first of all,its not a species, Its a hybrid,that is a cross between two species if you're lucky.

It could be a complex hybrid,that involves multiple crosses of different species or hybrids. A flower colour might help decide what the parentage could be but unless you ask the person you got it from you will never be sure.

saying that,i'd go for something involving s.minor and s.purpurea

ada

first of all,its not a species, Its a hybrid,that is a cross between two species if you're lucky.

It could be a complex hybrid,that involves multiple crosses of different species or hybrids. A flower colour might help decide what the parentage could be but unless you ask the person you got it from you will never be sure.

saying that,i'd go for something involving s.minor and s.purpurea

ada

So basically I'd either have to ask the person I bought it from or wait for the flower, right?

It’s a very common unknown Dutch hybrid. You come across it in garden centres all the time and this same topic comes up every few months.

You’ll never find out for definite I’m afraid.

Similar shape to a rather nice minor x (x catesbaei) I’ve got.

Nigel HC