Sign in to follow this  
Argo88

Question about Pinguicula lusitanica

Good evening! I’ve grown some p. Lusitanicas from seeds recived from different growers... all plants had a life span of a year-18 months... so all plants that I had were from annual populations..

I’ve red that there are some populations of pluriannual p. Lusitanicas (that live also 2/4 years)... is it true? Has anibody grown or actually grows one of these populations?

Hi,  i don't know about different populations living longer than others. I only grow one p.lusitanica ,originally from Stephen Morley .

I had the original plants for 18 months easily, some survived around 2 and a half years,the seed from these is still going now and these are two years old now.  I don't think my cold damp conditions are ideal for this species but it keeps going,perhaps feeding it might make it grow longer but its in with the sarracenia and has to take its chances.

ada

• Thanks 1

It is on one of the top shelves with the sarra seedlings,if the sun shines they full sun.  right beside the door for good ventilation too

• Thanks 1

Has it flowered? If yes there can be seeds in its pot;-) you could have other ones this spring!!

Well thank you Argo, there's just one slight problem with that..... They disappeared 22 years ago...... 

• Haha 1

It's not a matter of population but of growing conditions. I was growing one strain both outside and in a terrarium. Inside, I grow it during three years ; outside, it is lasting no more than one year and a half. Setting seeds is also costly for such small plants and can wear it out.

• Thanks 1