apneadave

Seed supplier

If you are not already a member you could try joining the British Cactus and Succulent Society.  The annual BCSS seed list is just out and if you also join the associated forum there are often members with seed/cuttings to sell or give away...much like CPUK members do for CPs.  There are branches around the UK who hold monthly meetings, there may be one near you, Dover perhaps?

One supplier many members seem to use for seeds is Mesa Garden, although I've never used them myself so can't vouch for them. 

BCSS is here

Thanks Gaz! Mesa Garden has a great seed list particularly of Agave and Aloe. I'm hoping I don't get into collecting succulents as a carnivorous plant addiction is expensive enough! I'm just after half a dozen species to play around with to look at hardiness. Cheers, Dave 

20 hours ago, apneadave said:

I'm hoping I don't get into collecting succulents as a carnivorous plant addiction is expensive enough! I'm just after half a dozen species to play around with to look at hardiness. Cheers, Dave 

Good luck with that Dave :tu:, that's what I was planning a few years ago, now my cactus and succulent collection is much bigger than my CP collection and I even had to add a second greenhouse to move the CPs into.  As you're looking at hardy/half hardy plants you're presumably planning on keeping them outside so space may not be such an issue.  Not as easy to do in wet old Derbyshire as it is in Kent I suppose.  Anyhow good luck with your seed hunt.

Cactus and succulent addiction can be a little bit cheaper than the CP addiction, depends where you source your plants.  I grow most of mine from seed and it isn't usually too expensive, another extensive seedlist is that of koehres. I mainly grow cacti with only a few succulents so most of the suppliers I use are cacti centric but I know they have a lot of succulent seed also.