Newbies question about seeds I bought

william

Always been very interested in carnivorous plants ,had few over years.

thought be cool try grow from seeds 

Dionaea Muscipula, Darlingtonia Californica, Nephenthes,  Drosera. mixed  variety’s of each

found some online ,ordered them but ????

can I have some help verifying that that are what they say they are.

done some research on line feel they are fake seeds

many help be much appreciated 

cant seem load pics here

happy email them

cheers william

Hi William, here are some pictures of what these seeds should look like:

Dionaea (teardrop shaped, they are smaller than they appear on the picture):

seedsdionaea03.jpg

Darlingtonia (they look like tiny cacti):

darlingtonia-seed2_1.jpg

Nepenthes (long and wiry with a small bump in the middle):

Nepenthes-seed.x21924.jpg

Drosera (they are about as big as they appear on the picture: impossible to distinguish from dirt unless you use a microscope):

seedsdrosera03.jpg

thank you so much carambola you have confirmed my  suspicions. The seeds i have are nothing like the pictures you have posted.

the Nepenthes  and  Dionaea  are all round, theses look to me like cress/mustard seeds

the  Darlingtonia seed are just like/same as pepper seed shape 

the  Drosera  are large round seed 1.5-2 mm in diameter ( very large)

so from the they are not what they say they are  i Have sow as if where the real deal just see what they are????

thank you so much ones again for the  help........

Yeah  bought on aliexspress.com

learning curve for me. very cheap price for useless fake seed. So not happy but not really out of pocket........

I have been looking on the for sale forum,  hopefully will be ordering of of here now i have found this site through The Carnivorous Plant Society link.....

If you got it on Aliexpress, you should be able to get your money refunded, and leave a bad review on the seller's page to warn other potential buyers.

Generally you can get seeds of Dionaea and many species of Drosera really cheap, but those of Darlingtonia are a bit more expensive (as less people grow them) and Nepenthes quite a bit more (because they need both male and female plants to even pollinate the flowers to begin with).

carambola    

Have left negative  feed back and started the dispute process .Have ordered few things from  Aliexpress had no problems with items before.will never order seeds again .....

can you recommend any sellers on here,Plants /seeds/Gemmae.....

cheers Will

On this website? I'd say you can generally trust anyone who can be bothered to post their leftover plants/seeds/gemmae on here. I've bought some things from a couple of people on CPUK and so far I've had only good experiences. You can always click on someone's profile to see what they've posted in the past, and people usually leave a comment to say they had a good experience.