Sign in to follow this  
nowakpiotr573

Pitcher plant species

Looks like a very etiolated S x courtii or similar. Keep it in full sun and you’ll find it will colour up.

Nigel HC

Looks like a very etiolated S x courtii or similar. Keep it in full sun and you’ll find it will colour up.
Nigel HC
Do you know what "soil" would be best to put it in?

Wysłane z mojego HUAWEI CUN-L01 przy użyciu Tapatalka

I wouldn't repot it until it goes dormant as they have a tendency to sulk sometimes and slow to regrow if repotted during the growing season.

Why do you want to repot it anyway? Sarracenias don't mind being slightly overcrowded

Pot it in a mix of moss peat and perlite in the spring. Make sure you give it a cold dormant period between now and Valentine's day, keeping it just damp rather than wet until then. I'm guessing it's a garden centre plant, and will probably be pretty soft, so don't allow it to go too cold this first winter, perhaps just down to freezing point. You'll finf more comprehensive growing instructions on my website below.

Regards

Nigel HC

I wouldn't repot it until it goes dormant as they have a tendency to sulk sometimes and slow to regrow if repotted during the growing season.

Why do you want to repot it anyway? Sarracenias don't mind being slightly overcrowded

I wanted to repot it because the roots are really sticking out of the drainholes but I might do that during dormancy.

Wysłane z mojego HUAWEI CUN-L01 przy użyciu Tapatalka

That’s fine, leave it until the spring!