Green slime in water tray

Last year I added live  sphagnum to the water trays hoping it would

keep green slime at bay but no good just as much as the year before

i am making up new water trays  for next year deep and larger

is there any thing I can do to stop this or is it a problem that 

happens with trays in the greenhouse

I've seen duckweed or Azolla being recommended. Not only does it block the light from the water, but also they grow so fast they extract nutrients from the water as you inevitably harvest them. It should be noted azolla is not native and highly invasive - keep it well away from any ponds or watercourses if you do go that way.

Terry no I don't suffer from this .What is the orientation of the greenhouse ? Does it happen on one side more than the other ?

I also used to get it the same as you, as the greenhouse gets sun all day, I used to take the pots out the trays and hose both the trays and pots with a hose pipe on spray mode. 

As a matter of interest since I have been using RO water I no longer get any slime. 

It's Spirogyra, a type of algae. It forms in my trays every summer but I don't consider it a problem. It's easily removed if you feel the need to and can be wiped from the outside of the pots with a cloth or small sponge. It's only a problem in my pond where, together with Duckweed, it prevents light penetrating below the water surface unless it's removed.