My sarracenia purpurea seeds have germinated!

bigphil1984

Normally you must give sarracenia a winter dormancy. However, with seedlings you can prevent that happening and they'll grow faster. A heated propagator works well for this else on a windowsill in a heated room should be OK - maybe under cover to raise the humidity and giving occasional foliar feed. You can do this until they reach 2 years old or so.

Normally you must give sarracenia a winter dormancy. However, with seedlings you can prevent that happening and they'll grow faster. A heated propagator works well for this else on a windowsill in a heated room should be OK - maybe under cover to raise the humidity and giving occasional foliar feed. You can do this until they reach 2 years old or so.
Hi linuxman, was going to leave in my grow tent to carry on growing through till next winter then give them there first dormancy.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is that some sort of record? What is the fastes known for sarracenia germination. Any way, good going mate. I am going to sow mine and put 'em in the cold greenhouse as soon as the square pots get here. October 31st I reckon. 
Hi Keith, not sure if a record or not lmao. First time trying them. I've had them in the fridge for cold stratification, in between wet paper towel, for four weeks! Themn sowed them. I've got mine in a grow tent with led lights.

Leave them alone for awhile. When they're a year old or so you can transplant if you wish. There's some thought this actually improves growth but I can't confirm this. Sarracenia don't mind crowding so whatever you do they'll survive given the right conditions.
Thanks linuxman, I'll leave them be [emoji6][emoji106]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...