new members posting crap

ada

directed in the right direction?    its a carnivorous plant forum   ffs!        not even a post about how do i keep my vft alive or my   capenensis has no dew why?

i think someone joined the wrong forum,    they need guiding out of the backdoor

ada

Guys, it's just run of the mill "you won the lottery" spam. These aren't even automated posts, but real people paid pennies to manually post "find a nice husband" thousands of times anywhere on the internet where people are allowed to post. Not much you can do about that stuff, only delete it. The more barriers you put up to keep them away, the harder you make it for people with legitimate questions to come here, too, and because the spammers are humans, they will always eventually find a way around the barriers.

Such posts are dealt with accordingly as and when reported. There will always be one or two that slip through the net, but we need members to help us by reporting anything they deem unsuitable for the forum, and any relevant action will then be taken.