Soil testing equipment

I have had a search but nothing came up.......Having done ecology/biology with the OU, I seem to remember a soil science module. Had to wander the countryside testing soils with a neat bit of kit and some Ph neutral water. Can anyone point me in the direction of where I could find one of these tools please? I am getting paranoid about that Westland peat now:woot:

Keith, are you interested in pH (and/or EC) of potting soil?  If so, you can use regular pH and EC meter with pour-through method:

http://www.greenhousegrower.com/production/crop-inputs/test-media-ph-and-ec-with-the-21-technique-pour-through-method-and-saturated-media-extract-methods/

Or are you talking about more complete tests with mineral contents, organic matters, texture etc?  For those, I think most people send the samples to a lab.

I am prepared to be blasted down in flames, but after a lot of amateur research on how to measure soil or water pH, and seeing a lot of unsatisfactory reviews for the products, and seeing the complications involved, I ended up using Johnson's Universal Indicator Paper, a pair of scissors, a pair of tweezers, deionised water for car batteries, and good hygiene and a bit of practical sense. The results have seemed perfectly adequate.