Hello all

piker

Just joined up to learn a bit more.

I got my first venus fly trap from b&q about 3 years ago, its managed to get a decent size now. I then got given a pitcher plant and was hooked,put some pics on but the pitchers starting to die back now. ac1bc8a400d2808834c7ae7653e9d82a.jpg156306085162fb203c196e9c8c254863.jpg

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Hi there Piker, Welcome (~8
Tell me, there's a bit of controversy going on about winter conditions for Venus fly traps... How did you get yours through the winters??
Karsty.
These are growing in my conservatory so i just leave them there.

Its a south facing conservatory so gets hot in the summer and cold in the winter but not below freezing.
I will get a thermometer in there to monitor the temps this winter.
I am a complete begginer really as you can see from the poor condition of the pitcher plant, any idea what type the plants are then i can do more reasearch.

Hi Piker,

Welcome aboard mate, that's a great looking clump of VFTs you have there!

Karsty, I don't know if it helps but I live in the south east and my plants live in the back garden, unprotected, all year round and have done quite happily for about 5 years now (some even longer as they were in a bog garden before that).

Granted we haven't had a properly harsh winter for a while but they've been frozen in their pots without any problems. 

Edited by DaveC

Thanks for the welcome, I'm from lancashire.
After looking at flava descriptions i think your right, i let it flower this year and it took me about a week to realise where the smell was coming from, wife kept putting my work boots outside.