What's your first/favourite carnivorous plant?

Hello, 

I was wondering, what's everyone's first ever CP?

And which one is your favourite now? 

My first CPs were Drosera capensis and a typical VFT (I got them at the same time). Both of them met an untimely death at the hands of my mum while I was away and she was left in charge of their care in my absence... :(

My favourite is Sarracenia purpurea ssp. purpurea. I know it's not the prettiest plant but I find the waxy pitchers fascinating and the colour is just stunning...

Mine was a d capensis and a ping caudata (as it was known then) both were brilliant specimens as I had space and care to lavish on them. The collection grew but those stayed with me until I had to take a break for uni.

The first one must have been a Pinguicula moranensis I got from a family member who was a fan of carnivorous plants, but I was 6 years old at the time and I can't even remember anything about it except for taking it home. Needless to say it probably didn't survive all that long. It's hard to pick favourites, but based on looks I would say Heliamphora grown in ideal conditions are some of the most beautiful plants in the world, with those alien green leaves with beautiful red rims, the spoon on top and the general shape of the leaves is simply a sight to behold. The only thing I don't like about them is that they're so brittle! Drosera are very interesting with their leaves full of tentacles, and Stylidium are brilliant in their own way, with flowers that look like tiny butterflies and like to hit any insect landing on them pretty hard (and the carnivorous part doesn't even have anything to do with that!).

Of course all carnivorous plants are fascinating in their own right, with all the different ways they've evolved to lure and catch insects.

I started in 2009 with the typical triad: a vft, D. capensis and a some kind of unidentified purpurea hybrid (almost surely hybrid C from Extreme Plants). In the following years i've tried cephs and neps with bad results. Now my favourite genus are Dionaea, Darlingtonia and hardy sundews.

My first ever CP was a VFT as a young child, but I don't think it lasted long before it died, followed by several more.  If garden centres had actually told us how to care for them they might have stood a chance.  Once I started getting into them and found out how to care for them my first plant was a Sarracenia Fiona which I still have.

First, as a lot of other folks, a vft (general garden center) simply for the pure drama of it. still fascinated by the (now not so little fellers)

Favourite, Sarracenia Leucophylla green/white Milton N.Florida. Bought a few years ago when time and space permitted.