Dee Major

Hi from Dee in rainham

Dee Major    0

Hi

well I'm a bit old to be starting an obsession with Venus fly traps and carnivorous plants, but I have been bitten by it hard! So here I am saying "hi" 

Anyway im from Rainham in Kent.

Keith    0

Hello Dee. Yes, be careful. I have, over a couple of months, collected around 15 varieties of Sarracenia, Drosera and VFT's, its like an addiction LOL. I have now fell in love with Sarracenia leucophylla. Quite possibly the most beautiful plants I have ever seen.

ian    44

Hello Dee and welcome.  A lady's age should never be discussed.  Your obsession is to be encouraged.

Better to come from Rainham Kent than Rainham Essex.   (that's going to get me in trouble)

Blocky71    235

Hi there Dee

Nice to see a ' local ' member with a new enthusiasm for these wonderful plants.

Better plants can be gotten here than in your local ' dobbies or bnq' although I think you have to be a member for a few weeks before you get access to the sales forums.

blocky71

Dee Major    0

Hello Keith, Ian and blocky71, thankyou for your warm welcomes xx lol Ian you have a good sense of humour. Blocky71 I had no idea there was a marketplace on here, wow and yay! Keith I have bought 6 including the 3 I initially bought on Saturday lol. I nearly bought a vft at dobbies today reduced to half price, but thought I've got two already lol x

Blocky71    235

One of the golden rules is rain water only Dee, that or distilled or reverse osmosis water.

Tap water will kill your carnivores in time, most garden centres unfortunately use tap water so I'd recommend flushing your new plants thoroughly with rain water just in case......

Loakesy    119

Hi Dee

Welcome to CPUK.

I was born in Rainham - many years ago!! Number 3 Windermere Drive. Not been back there since I was 3. Just thought you might like to know...!

Blocky71    235

My daughter is moving to a house that's still being built just off mierescourt road in a few months....